Maytag dishwasher

My dishwasher for the first time today, could not eject water to the dishwa sher. I was using the Pots and Pans mode, let it run its course, unbeknowns t to me when I opened the door after its job, the first thing I noticed hea t coming out, the detergent sprawled onto the pots on the bottom shelf, but no water at all. I looked at the connection which is under my kitchen sink thinking maybe I may see a backup of water or some flood, but it was dry a s a whistle. I then tried the Normal wash mode and see no water. Any dishwa sher repair expert here know what is the problem?
On 2015-12-18 12:56 PM, Frank wrote:

I had something similar happen last winter, even though the house is heated, the water line into the dishwasher froze up as it is against an outside wall during a particularly cold spell. Couple days later it worked just fine.
--
Froz...

Quando omni flunkus, moritati
On Friday, December 18, 2015 at 11:57:04 AM UTC-6, Frank wrote:

washer. I was using the Pots and Pans mode, let it run its course, unbeknow nst to me when I opened the door after its job, the first thing I noticed h eat coming out, the detergent sprawled onto the pots on the bottom shelf, b ut no water at all. I looked at the connection which is under my kitchen si nk thinking maybe I may see a backup of water or some flood, but it was dry as a whistle. I then tried the Normal wash mode and see no water. Any dish washer repair expert here know what is the problem?
Solenoid valve not opening? Check the connections to it and the resistance of the coil. (BTW "dry as a bone"/"clean as a whistle")
Frank wrote:

Most dishwashers have a float valve/switch to shut off the water when the level is correct . If the float is stuck in the "full" position you won't get any water .
--
Snag

As Snag says, the water level sensor float may be stuck in the "full" of wa ter position. A few hard raps on the bottom of the dishwasher in the vicin ity of the float might loosen it up. Just don't break the plastic cage aro und the float. Also look for pieces of food and/or debris that might be tr apped around the float holding it up in the "full" position.
snipped-for-privacy@att.net wrote:

Actually he should be able to see the float by removing the bottom basket .
--
Snag

snipped-for-privacy@att.net wrote:

Is the inlet solenoid opens? Will hear it actuates when cycle starts.
On Friday, December 18, 2015 at 4:57:57 PM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@att.net wrote:

water position. A few hard raps on the bottom of the dishwasher in the vic inity of the float might loosen it up. Just don't break the plastic cage a round the float. Also look for pieces of food and/or debris that might be trapped around the float holding it up in the "full" position.
As the OP I found out that Whirlpool has taken over for Maytag dishwashers and they in turn told me that there has been a recall on my unit, unbeknown st to me. They claim that the "Rinse Aid" compartment could cause a fire wh en I would put some rinse detergent in it, thus causing a short or somethin g. They said they will send me a replacement inner door part in a couple of weeks. Has anyone heard of a problem like that?
On Saturday, December 19, 2015 at 12:05:02 PM UTC-6, Frank wrote:

s and they in turn told me that there has been a recall on my unit, unbekno wnst to me. They claim that the "Rinse Aid" compartment could cause a fire when I would put some rinse detergent in it, thus causing a short or someth ing. They said they will send me a replacement inner door part in a couple of weeks. Has anyone heard of a problem like that?
I had not heard this either, but my wife broke the "door" on ours' and I go t one from eBay...turned out to be a re-design! Takes about a half-hour or so to replace.
On Saturday, December 19, 2015 at 1:41:47 PM UTC-5, bob_villain wrote:

ers and they in turn told me that there has been a recall on my unit, unbek nownst to me. They claim that the "Rinse Aid" compartment could cause a fir e when I would put some rinse detergent in it, thus causing a short or some thing. They said they will send me a replacement inner door part in a coupl e of weeks. Has anyone heard of a problem like that?

got one from eBay...turned out to be a re-design! Takes about a half-hour o r so to replace.
because of the recall, i will be getting it for free and a technician will come to install it at no charge. I hope that is the cause of my problem or otherwise looks like a new dishwasher just in time for the holidays/
On Saturday, December 19, 2015 at 3:15:22 PM UTC-6, Frank wrote:

shers and they in turn told me that there has been a recall on my unit, unb eknownst to me. They claim that the "Rinse Aid" compartment could cause a f ire when I would put some rinse detergent in it, thus causing a short or so mething. They said they will send me a replacement inner door part in a cou ple of weeks. Has anyone heard of a problem like that?

I got one from eBay...turned out to be a re-design! Takes about a half-hour or so to replace.

l come to install it at no charge. I hope that is the cause of my problem o r otherwise looks like a new dishwasher just in time for the holidays/
At least you can get the repairman's opinion? The solenoid release on the d ispenser doesn't have anything to do with your problem...
On 12/18/2015 12:56 PM, Frank wrote:

We know the problem, the water is not getting into the machine. What you need is a solution.
1. Water valve not opening because the solenoid is bad. Check for power at the valve.
2. Water valve is not getting power from the controller. Could be a bad board or the overfill float is stuck.
You will find more information at: www.repairclinic.com