Maytag Atlantis washer quit

We have a Maytag Atlantis model MAV620CAWW washer that just quit. Acts as if the washer is unplugged. There is power at the plug, when turning the knob, nothing happens, no water, no noises, nothing.
Does this washer have a fuse?
Any help is appreciated.
Frank

Start with the troubleshooting guide in the manual. First, be sure someone did not make a simple error with the door switch or an overload reset, or push the wrong knob. Check that the cord is still attached, then follow it inside to any switches or controls

He can also likely find circuit diagrams that show the various interlocks, fuse if any, etc by going to one of the online appliance parts shops with the make/model.
Frank from Deeeetroit wrote:

Lots of people compaining about Maytag Atlantis washers here:
http://www.consumeraffairs.com/homeowners/maytag_washer_atlantis.html
But seems almost exclusively mechanical problems.
I can't find anything on the web talking about electrical problems, and can't find anything close to your model number - even using a partial model number MAV620.
But many hits for Maytag Atlantis talking about bad or failed bearings and making loud noises during the spin cycle.

Even Maytag's website does not list the model MAV620CAWW, the do, however, list a MAV6200 model washer. The owners manual does not address my issue and their toll free number will only schedule a repairman.
Found a schematic that lists a 10amp fuse in the circuit, if equipped. Will pull the cover off when I get home and check things out and reply.
Frank

OK, with an OHM meter I checked the "open lid" switch and receive no reading in the "open door" position from the "line" contact and the other three contacts, neutral, machine and motor. When I depress the button, I get a full scale reading when I put the meter on the "line" contact and the "machine" contact, but nothing in the other positions.
Think it is the open lid switch?
Thanx
Frank

You should get nothing when the lid is opened, that's what stops the machine when you open the lid during the spin cycle.
I am guessing that this is one of the newer machines that doesn't have a rotating knob and a real motor-driven timer, but rather some fancy and expensive electronics that will require replacing an entire circuit board for many$$$$. Can you find a schematic for the machine on any of the insides of the sidewall, front or back wall of the machine, and can you read schenmatics if you find one?

My machine does have a rotating knob, but no in-line fuse, or circuit board. There is a schematic diagram folded up inside the rear cover, same schematic as what was found on line. Will take the open lid switch to the local appliance parts store and see if that is the issue.
Frank
Frank,
I found your schematic at http://www.appliancepartspros.com/ by typing in the model number.Look at diagram 8. It does appear that some of those washers have a 10 amp fuse between the line and the lid switch.
Dave M.

A burned out lid switch was the issue with our washer. $37.00 replacement, 10 minutes time and the washer works like new. All power going into the washer passes through the lid switch. If the washer does nothing, check continunity through the line and neutral terminal of the lid switch, if none, replace the switch.
Frank
On 10/8/2011 5:21 AM, Frank from Deeeetroit wrote:

or by pass with a couple butt connectors for a dime.
--
Steve Barker

I agree Steve, but I have daughters who use the machine, if it was me and my wife, I would use the butt connectors.
Thanx
Frank