Maytag A106 leaking water from transmission

My A106 leaks water. It is coming out of between the gasket that seals the top half to the bottom half of the transmission. This is evident during the wash cycle. .I rebuilt this machine 5 years ago and replaced all the seals and gaskets and it has run fine until last week. I can't visualise what might have failed to cause this. It has never leaked transmission oil since the rebuild so its amazing that water is now leaking out of the transmission. Is this job a total strip down again? It seems like it couldn't be the tub seal or water would come out of the tub. but whats going on here? And how do I address this? Thanks, Lenny.

Reply to
captainvideo462002

If it is leaking through the main seal, what else could it be? Replace it again and you'll be fine. Replace the bearing too. The bearing is the easy part. With the tub removed, just step on the bearing and it will pop out.

Reply to
AE Todd