May 21, no more home repairing

ready? Harold Camping says rapture that day.

Cancell that renovation, Edith! Stifle, Edith! Stifle!

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

If the Rapture comes on the 21st, I'll eat my hat.

-C-

Reply to
Country

Here's an ad which has been appearing on Craig's List around the country:

"Are you attending the rapture on May 21st, 2011? I expect to be left behind when it happens, so if you aren=92t going to need your worldly possessions; be they money, cars, canned food, durable goods, etc; I would gladly take them off of your hands. Serious responses only, please. And remember, time is short! You can contact me by replying to this ad. I live in Graham, But I=92m willing to travel for said goods."

It=92s a real test of faith, isn't it? If you think you=92re going, but hedge your bets by not giving away your material possessions, you might be exhibiting a lack of true belief that gets you bumped off the rapture roll.

Paul

Reply to
Pavel314

I'm not mowing the yard or painting the garage until this thing is settled.

Reply to
Fat-Dumb and Happy

Think positively. "If the Rapture comes on the 21st, I'll eat my halo."

Reply to
Pavel314

It was supposed to be May 12, but that passed by. No surprise. We do NOT know the day or the hour. And the finale on October 12. I guess that once the 12th passed it became the 21st instead. Just like his 88 reasons Christ is returning in 1988 and the follow-up 89 reasons Christ is returning in

1989. So much for the 7 years of tribulation (wrath of God) and Christ's 1,000 year reign on earth. Just another Jim Jones or David Koresh who end up making a mockery of Christ before the nations. I like Augustine's response to knowing it was the last day. "I would pay a debt and plant a tree." Much better than raking up the debt and leaving people high and dry. Not much of a testimony.
Reply to
Michael Dobony

If it comes on the 21st I'm going to hell.

Jim

Reply to
JimT

Jim Jones correctly predicted their last day for a large number of people.

RicodJour

What happens if you're in the middle of a renovation? Do you have to rush to get it done or just work right up to the deadline? If the job goes past the deadline, can I charge some really exorbitant post- Rapture overtime? How will being the last contractor on earth affect my estimating? Should I raise my rates as I'm the only game in town, or lower them as my potential client pool is floating upwards?

RicodJour

Think positively. "If the Rapture comes on the 21st, I'll eat my halo."

Halo? I don't need no stinkin halo.

Reply to
Charlie

Can somebody Loan Me $10,000? I'll pay you back 5/22/11!

Reply to
Congoleum Breckenridge

You are definitely an optimist! :-)

Don

Reply to
IGot2P

- snipped-for-privacy@cu4g2000vbb.googlegroups.com:

It was a hot day - there was KoolAid. Who wouldn't drink it?

I'm really not up on that particular event, but if JJ said, "This is poison, drink it and you will die and go to Heaven." and then everybody drank it, he missed his calling. He should have been in sales.

RicodJour

snipped-for-privacy@cu4g2000vbb.googlegroups.com:

:

re: "He should have been in sales."

He was, and was quite good at it.

Thing is, he was selling "a way of life" not used cars.

One of the reasons he moved his cult to Jonestown was to avoid paying taxes on his sizable net worth, a lot of which was gained by convincing (see "sales") his followers to liquidate their assets and turn them over to his church.

After convincing (see "sales") some of his followers to gun down Representative Leo Ryan, 3 reporters and a defector as they tried to leave the Jonestown complex, he ordered his followers to drink the kool-aid in what he deemed a "revolutionary suicide". He convinced (see "sales") parents to give the drink to their children first and then themselves, kind of opposite of the oxygen mask instructions given on an airplane.

Those that didn't buy his sales pitch regarding the suicide were mudered by those that did.

If he didn't deserve Salesman of the Year in 1978, no one did.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

If you are Catholic, just go to the church the day before and confess all your sins to the man behind the curtain. You will be forgiven after you say your penance. Let us know how it works out.

Reply to
willshak

I thought we were supposed to ignore the man behind the curtain.

RicodJour

"Cancel my subscription to the resurrection Send my credentials to the house of detention I've got some friends inside"

Reply to
JimT

hmmm...People are strange.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Well, they did listen to him after that warning.

Reply to
willshak

Would that be the high hats or the full IC housing?

Would you like baffles and bulbs with that?

Colbyt

Reply to
Colbyt