May 21, no more home repairing

Page 1 of 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cigJM9g2fqI
Everyone ready? Harold Camping says rapture that day.
Cancell that renovation, Edith! Stifle, Edith! Stifle!
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

If the Rapture comes on the 21st, I'll eat my hat.
-C-
Add pictures here
βœ–
On May 17, 10:12 am, "Stormin Mormon"

Here's an ad which has been appearing on Craig's List around the country:
"Are you attending the rapture on May 21st, 2011? I expect to be left behind when it happens, so if you aren’t going to need your worldly possessions; be they money, cars, canned food, durable goods, etc; I would gladly take them off of your hands. Serious responses only, please. And remember, time is short! You can contact me by replying to this ad. I live in Graham, But I’m willing to travel for said goods."
It’s a real test of faith, isn't it? If you think you’re going, but hedge your bets by not giving away your material possessions, you might be exhibiting a lack of true belief that gets you bumped off the rapture roll.
Paul
Add pictures here
βœ–
Stormin Mormon wrote:

I'm not mowing the yard or painting the garage until this thing is settled.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Think positively. "If the Rapture comes on the 21st, I'll eat my halo."
Add pictures here
βœ–

Think positively. "If the Rapture comes on the 21st, I'll eat my halo."
Halo? I don't need no stinkin halo.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 5/17/2011 9:52 AM, Pavel314 wrote:

You are definitely an optimist! :-)
Don
Add pictures here
βœ–

Would that be the high hats or the full IC housing?
Would you like baffles and bulbs with that?
Colbyt
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Tue, 17 May 2011 10:12:30 -0400, Stormin Mormon wrote:

It was supposed to be May 12, but that passed by. No surprise. We do NOT know the day or the hour. And the finale on October 12. I guess that once the 12th passed it became the 21st instead. Just like his 88 reasons Christ is returning in 1988 and the follow-up 89 reasons Christ is returning in 1989. So much for the 7 years of tribulation (wrath of God) and Christ's 1,000 year reign on earth. Just another Jim Jones or David Koresh who end up making a mockery of Christ before the nations. I like Augustine's response to knowing it was the last day. "I would pay a debt and plant a tree." Much better than raking up the debt and leaving people high and dry. Not much of a testimony.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Jim Jones correctly predicted their last day for a large number of people.
βœ–

It was a hot day - there was KoolAid. Who wouldn't drink it?
I'm really not up on that particular event, but if JJ said, "This is poison, drink it and you will die and go to Heaven." and then everybody drank it, he missed his calling. He should have been in sales.
βœ–

re: "He should have been in sales."
He was, and was quite good at it.
Thing is, he was selling "a way of life" not used cars.
One of the reasons he moved his cult to Jonestown was to avoid paying taxes on his sizable net worth, a lot of which was gained by convincing (see "sales") his followers to liquidate their assets and turn them over to his church.
After convincing (see "sales") some of his followers to gun down Representative Leo Ryan, 3 reporters and a defector as they tried to leave the Jonestown complex, he ordered his followers to drink the kool-aid in what he deemed a "revolutionary suicide". He convinced (see "sales") parents to give the drink to their children first and then themselves, kind of opposite of the oxygen mask instructions given on an airplane.
Those that didn't buy his sales pitch regarding the suicide were mudered by those that did.
If he didn't deserve Salesman of the Year in 1978, no one did.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 5/17/2011 10:52 AM, RicodJour wrote:

Don't drink the Kool-Aid, it's a real killer. ^_^
TDD
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Tue, 17 May 2011 23:13:36 -0500, The Daring Dufas wrote:

I like this response to Saturday's prediction: http://www.onenewsnow.com/Perspectives/Default.aspx?id 51056 I wonder if any of his followers would like to give me their bank accounts and property today as they will not need it after tomorrow!
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Tue, 17 May 2011 17:32:57 GMT, Red Green wrote:

I am planning to spend the day at Incredible Pizza. No tie to this false prophecy, it's a belated birthday celebration with the grandkids.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Tue, 17 May 2011 17:34:36 -0400, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Not only doesn't he get the message, but unthinking fools don't get the message! Our local Christian radio station picked up on it and made fun of it. Not even the Son of Man knows the day or the hour, but this guy has even more knowledge than Jesus! Of course it would be nice to leave the burdens of this world behind, but it could be today, tomorrow, next year, next century! We are supposed to be prepared every day. Live today like it is the last, but also prepare for dying of old age.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Live fast, die young and leave a good looking corpse.
D*mn! Only one of those options is still available to me. Trouble is, I'm having trouble keeping up with that one.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Fri, 20 May 2011 10:09:13 -0700, Smitty Two wrote:

????????????????????????????????
Add pictures here
βœ–

So am I "of an age where prioritizing my time is important, because I don't feel quite so immortal anymore"?
What do the "dozens or perhaps hundreds" of clues you've ferreted out tell you about my age?
In true carny style, if you come within 2 years, you can choose one of these...
http://www.interactiveplaygrounds.com/files/27/25926.jpg
...but you gotta pay me $2 first.
Add pictures here
βœ–