Max distance between electrical outlets, is the 6 foot rule still valid?

Given that the electrical code varies by locality is the 6 foot rule still the latest national electrical code?
Thank you for your time.
From google groups:
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair Subject: Re: min/max distance between outlets? Date: Sat, 07 Sep 2002 12:35:12 -0700 Organization: Tony Electric Lines: 30
Rob wrote:
> Is there a minimum or maximum distance that must be be between power > outlets that are on the same wall, or a min/max distance a power > outlet must be from a doorway? I tried looking this info up, but > couldn't find it. > > Thanks, > Rob
NEC section 210.52(A)(1) (2002 edition) gives the minimum requirements for outlets in the living areas of a home: "Receptacles shall be installed so that no point measured horizontally along the floor line in any wall space is more than 1.8 m (6 ft) from a receptacle outlet." paragraph (2) defines a wall as any unbroken space 2 ft or more in width, including space measured around corners, and free-standing counters and bars, but excluding sliding panels. This is the minimum requirement. I have never heard a complaint about having too many outlets.
There is no minimum spacing. There is also no minimum distance from a doorway. Use good judgment to avoid a tripping hazard or damage to cords and equipment.
--
Best regards,
Anthony Straight

Yes. In the USA, at least. And I believe that the CEC (Canada) has the same rule.
--
Regards,
Yes, but if you doing stuff in the Kitchen of course it's different.
| | Better to add some extras and outlets by doors for sweepers is a PLUS. | remember the code is miniumum for safety, convenience requires more | outlets near corners work better than the middle of the wall.
| Yes, but if you doing stuff in the Kitchen of course it's different. | yes, its every 4ft of countertop space including islands
wrote: | >Given that the electrical code varies by locality is the 6 foot rule | >still the latest national electrical code? | | Yes. In the USA, at least. And I believe that the CEC (Canada) has the same | rule. | who cares about canada with the largest islamic cult

imho:
Actually it's 6 feet between any point on a wall and an outlet. So the max between outlets can be 12 feet. Since you can't go any further than 6 feet before hitting an outlet.
Just a quick reply, always follow the electrical codes.
tom @ www.Consolidated-Loans.info