mattress

This may be a little off topic but what should I do with a mattress I want to get rid of - yet is in perfectly good condition? It's a full size barely used mattress which we don't have room for anymore. I hate to see it thrown away.
Paul
On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 22:27:49 -0600 "D'Olier" used 8 lines of text to write in newsgroup: alt.home.repair

Put a free ad in the Hometown Shopper, or Greensheet.
--
-Graham

Remove the 'snails' from my email
On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 22:33:13 -0600 "G. Morgan" used 15 lines of text to write in newsgroup: alt.home.repair

Better yet, call Goodwill or another local charity- they will come pick it up.
--
-Graham

Remove the 'snails' from my email
On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 22:34:33 -0600, G. Morgan

Not here. State law (TN) prohibits the selling of used mattresses. They go to the trash dump.

Tennessee? Isn't that the state that allows sisters to marry brothers? (Sorry, couldn't resist that)
D'Olier wrote:

Homeless shelter? Local college around, the kids will be coming back after Christmas vacation and some will be looking for such things.
--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
Around my neighborhood, if I set something out with a large sign that says 'Free', it will never be taken. Yet, if I set a nominal price ($20.00), it'll be swiped in no time...
I guess nothing is worth stealing if the 'owner' places no value on it...
Rick
-> This may be a little off topic but what should I do with a mattress I want -> to get rid of - yet is in perfectly good condition? It's a full size barely -> used mattress which we don't have room for anymore. I hate to see it thrown -> away. -> -> Paul
Donate it to charity (if the law permits).
--
8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~
D'Olier wrote:

In many jurisdictions it is illegal to sell, give away, abandon, rent, loan, barter, remanufactur, recycle, repackage, convert, re-pack, or anything else with or to a used mattress, irrespective of whether it has visible stains from unspeakable bodily fluids, human or animal.
If you put it on the curb for the urban faries, at least remove the tag.
Best thing is to leave it in a school yard at night. I do that with my refrigerators.

http://www.freecycle.org /