MasterGuard?

Good stuff, but get ready to spend a few grand!!!

Reply to
<kjpro

Steve,

So called "dual sensor" detectors are used to deal with different types of fires, and choosing one rather than the other method (optical versus ionization) does not make a lot of sense to me.

This may be a useful link:

Smarty

Reply to
Smarty

If they spend the time to do a presentation and then come out to your home, I think you&#39;re right. :)

No, no previous experience.

You can buy photoelectric smoke detectors at the store. You don&#39;t need them. You can buy the kind that will connect to a burglar alarm too, but

That&#39;s really only one thing. What woudl a lifetime guarantee be without free replacement?

Reply to
mm

This evening I went to a presentation by MasterGuard, a fire alarm, CO detector, and heat alarm company. They didn&#39;t set any prices, saying that they do that when they come and see how many you need, etc, etc, etc.

I smell something spendy down the pike.

Anyone have any previous experience with this outfit? Good or bad?

Their premise is that they provide smoke alarms that are optical rather than ionized gas based. They offer a lifetime guarantee and free replacement. Like I said, sounds spendy to me. They are coming Monday to give a "bid".

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

By "them", I meant the salesmen of the fancy company you posted about.

Reply to
mm

Lifetime repair?

Reply to
clifto

It&#39;s price is high, but it&#39;s a one time purchase. No buying replacements. They have washable smoke detectors, dirty smoke detectors is the number one reason for failure to respond, store bought detectors are not washable. Their smoke detetor as two ways to detect a fire, one from slow burning smouldering fires, and the fast burning fires, The ionized method is the least reliable method with failure rate as high as 55%.

They have a heat detector that withstand fire, so it can be used in areas you can not use a smoke detector, kitchen, utility, attic, garage, water heater closet, den with fireplaces, you know the places a fire is most likey to happen, and it requires no battery or outside power, it is always ready even years from now.

you decide, my best friend kids lives were saved by their product over

20 years ago, and his store bought smoke alarms which he still had up never even sounded. he said he made the right decision, spent the money not for alarms but for his family. Roy
Reply to
chtwroy