Masonite question

We have a 3-year-old utility building with vertical walls made of Stimpson Plywood Siding (Dura Temp). It looks exactly like pine or cedar siding. In fact, we thought it was wood until today when we started to put up a trellis. The siding is made up of several wood plys with an outside ply of masonite with a grain pattern stamped into it. Is there anything you can seal this stuff with to make sure it doesn't take water?
Thanks! Suze
There may be a class action suit in progress or even settlements being paid for that crap. Id say keep it painted and ventilated and clear of dirt and debris. Mold should be killed with bleach.
m Ransley wrote:

Are you sure you don't have DuraTemp confused with Stimson's lap siding? There was a class action suit against LP for problems with the composite product and Stimson was (is?) still paying out for defective siding. But DuraTemp is a true plywood with a hardboard face - still being produced and still OK for exterior use. http://www.icc-es.org/reports/pdf_files/ICBO-ES/4856.pdf
regular old paint .. prime and use 2 coats of acrylic finish paint, be sure to get the lower edge and caulk any cracks where panels meet..... Ed the retired painter 35 yrs and hurting

In
of