masonite door question

I had a new back door installed at my house, It is a full masonite door.
I've never bought this type of door before. Now that it is hung, what do I need to do before painting? (It came unpainted)
Does it need any type of stain on it, any weather proofing? Anything I should know about this type of door?
Thanks

Masonite makes door of different compositions. I don't know what you have. Go to www.masonite.com and see what they suggest.
Prior to painting unhang door so the bottom can be painted also, don't forget the top, too.

masonite for an exterior door?? Mine are all metal clad or solid wood for security and or fire rating Unpainted and your asking if it needs to be protected? I would think that you absolutely would want to paint it to match your home. Would you leave drywall unpainted? Wood trim? How about never cleaning and waxing a floor?

Evidently you never saw a Masonite door. go to www.masonite.com They are not the hardboard you are thinking of. Masonite is also the name of a company, not a product.
Me wrote:

Left menu under "Entry Systems" - 'Fiberglass Staining Instructions', a PDF file.