Masonite and hinges

I need some 1/8" masonite to use as a floor protector in an elevator.
Is there a super-strong version? denser maybe? Or just a version that's stronger than the usual type found in HD and the like? It should be denser than usual, and perhaps not wear at the edges the way masonite does.
Oh, and I need something to use as a "hinge" to put two pieces together. It should be cloth like so it won't scratch the floor, and survive many back and forth bends. I need to secure it to the masonite so that it won't scratch the flooring.
Quite the shopping list; hope I can get some help.
--
charles

Cut the masonite into chunks or strips and then use duct tape for the joints. We use 4x4, 2x4 and some 4 x 8 pieces You will go through a bunch of tape so be prepared.