martha's advice for clean drains?

wife person reading this martha stewart mag and she says for clean drains boil a gallon of water and pour down the drain one time a week?

what effect?

for??

what drain?

takes out grease?

upstairs toilet? would be 70 degrees by the time it got to the main line?

dissolves soap scum?

any thoughts?

bill

Reply to
mcameron

Pour that in a toilet bowl and it is likely to crack the bowl.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

A lot of Martha's little bits of wisdom are totally useless.... While flipping channels a few months back she was "teaching" us "simple folk" how to arrange oranges in a bowl....

(yes, she just put them in a fruit bowl... Thanks Martha, Now I know...)

She really is lost in her own little world...

Xmfard

Reply to
Xmfard

Martha???

This is Usenet, pal. We don' need no steenkin' *Martha*!

But beyond that...Yes, for grease breakup in the kitchen, don't think it would do much good in the bathrooms. HTH.

Reply to
I-zheet M'drurz

Best way to insure that you will develop a grease plug in the waste line close to the sewer line!

Reply to
avoidspam

One of the better ideas is not hot water but ice down the garbage disposal.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Hey Tommy-- why don't you try filling up your douche bag with boiling water and see what that does for you?

Reply to
Oscar_lives