martha's advice for clean drains?

wife person reading this martha stewart mag and she says for clean drains boil a gallon of water and pour down the drain one time a week?
what effect?
for??
what drain?
takes out grease?
upstairs toilet? would be 70 degrees by the time it got to the main line?
dissolves soap scum?
any thoughts?
bill
Pour that in a toilet bowl and it is likely to crack the bowl.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
A lot of Martha's little bits of wisdom are totally useless.... While flipping channels a few months back she was "teaching" us "simple folk" how to arrange oranges in a bowl....
(yes, she just put them in a fruit bowl... Thanks Martha, Now I know...)
She really is lost in her own little world...
Xmfard
On 19 Oct 2003, wrote:

Martha???
This is Usenet, pal. We don' need no steenkin' *Martha*!
But beyond that...Yes, for grease breakup in the kitchen, don't think it would do much good in the bathrooms. HTH.

Best way to insure that you will develop a grease plug in the waste line close to the sewer line!

One of the better ideas is not hot water but ice down the garbage disposal.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

Hey Tommy-- why don't you try filling up your douche bag with boiling water and see what that does for you?