Marking tools for easy readability

Neat trick. What does it mean if when you close either eye, neither is pointing at the right object?

-- Bobby G.

Reply to
Robert Green

Stay away from guns, you'll never hit anything..

Reply to
dadiOH

re: "...are you still pointing where you were?"

Of course I am.

Closing one eye didn't make my arm move.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Eyes are strange....I got a routine eye exam, first in about 5 years, last Jan. I'm post-medicare, but not ancient :o) Hubby usually drives, so I don't drive often. Out driving alone one day, I had double vision. It was after noon, had had nothing to eat yet, so figured it was low blood sugar. Knew it wasn't a brain tumor, as it only happened that once. Month or two later, got it again. Went back to the cheapo optemetrist, who checked my prescription and later redid the exam. No change. Got double vision again, so went to MD. Ahah! One eye crosses (invisibly, no less) and my eyes had always "adjusted". Got new glasses, and all is well when I drive. Now my vision is more blurry without glasses than it was previously but no more double vision. Very disconcerting when you know the road has two lanes but yer seein' four lanes :o)

Reply to
norminn

As Bill the Cat would say: "Gack!" Another thing to look forward to like finger and toenails get so thick I need surgical scissors to cut them. Oddly enough, inside I still feel about 25 years old (although my wife insists I act more like I think I am 13) but outside, Father time keeps kicking me in the knees, stepping on my fingers, grinding down my teeth, stealing my hair while I sleep and making my hairline make a beeline for my neckline. But I consider myself lucky. My friend goes to his dermatologist to get his skin tabs shaved as often as I get my hair cut. And at least I don't have double vision - yet! (-:

-- Bobby G.

Reply to
Robert Green

Well, my old wallet key starts and runs my 1990 car! I guess I could hide a spare RF enabled key inside the car somewhere and use the wallet version to let me in to get it. Not ideal, but probably workable. In fact, I had the car broken into and the steering column popped but without the RF key, all it did was grind up the starter motor, so I have a spare key I could cut down like the Ilco key and carry that with me. Now to figure out where to get a cheap key dupe for a Chrysler. The last I checked they wanted an obscene amount of money. Any suggestions as we wonder far, far away from the thread topic?

-- Bobby G.

Reply to
Robert Green

Any good independent locksmith can beat the dealer price by at least

1/3. Around here, the Chrysler dealer doesn't even do keys any more- they send them to the local freelancer. If you don't have 2 working keys, you will need to get the magic number from the dealer- they look it up using the VIN. You can also buy uncut blanks on ebay, and do the self-program voodoo on them if you have at least 2 keys, and are willing to risk a pig in a poke versus the guaranteed keys from the locksmith. (and if you can find a hardware store willing to cut carried-in blanks, or are patient enough to cut them yourself by hand with a rat-tail file.)

I hate the damn security keys, personally. Both of my cars have them, and they make my keyring painful to carry in a pants pocket.

-- aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers

Then close the other eye.

If you'll look carefully when you point you'll see that there are *two* fingers out there pointing (unless you only have one eye). When pointing, our brain ignores one of them and selects the dominant eye as the "rear sight".

Reply to
dadiOH

I don't know of any wallet keys with the RF gadget, or the resistor pellet. Wish there were. Yes, some of the RF key head are a bit too large for my liking.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Can't help on the other problems but I've solved the long-toenail difficulty.

Clown shoes.

Reply to
HeyBub

And you call yourself a DIYer? On AHR?! A Dremel tool works nicely with a sanding drum tip...Of course, if you can't reach toes or see them well, you need an assistant :o)

Reply to
norminn

The only wallet keys with the chip that I have seen would be on the real high end stuff like Lexus.

What I would suggest is to get a spare with the chip, stash that in the trunk and then get the wallet key that will let you into the trunk.

What kind of car do you have?

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

I think that's highly dependent on the system. I had an after-market immobilizer fitted to one of my cars and it can with a little cylindrical widget about an inch long and 3/8" diameter which just dangled from the same keyring as the key and was read by the immobilizer.

Are you sure your key doesn't do other stuff, too (remote door locking etc. and therefore has a battery in it and other 'guts')? I've seen cars where they'll supply two keys as standard - one that's just the immobolizer/ignition and one that does all the other stuff too; the bigger one's almost twice the size of the smaller...

cheers

Jules

Reply to
Jules

Oooo! Good idea!

Reply to
HeyBub

Whoosh! Right over your head. :-)

I wasn't talking about eyesight mechanics or the brain's interpretation of the light rays entering either eye.

I was simply stating that I was still *pointing* to the exact spot that I was *pointing* to before because my arm didn't move.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

My van came with ONE of those, and no other keys. It cost me $125 or so at the locksmith on the way home, to get two smaller keys programmed using the magic number the dealer gave me. And since idiot chrysler expects everyone to carry around that huge key the size of a serving spoon, only the driver door and hatch have lock cylinders. Major PITA. Key isn't just huge, the tiny loop angled the wrong direction means you can't put it on a key ring and carry keys in your pants pocket. Been meaning to see if anyone sells an aftermarket fob that could be programmed to talk to the van without killing the original huge key and vanilla security keys. Maybe buy a used key off ebay or something, and just cut the shaft off.

Never understood the purpose of remote locks that only work from a few feet away. You are standing at the damn door anyway, and if keys are in your pocket, you already have to set down whatever you are carrying with that arm.

-- aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers

When my car was broken into, they left with me two dead keys by the time my steering column was repaired. I'm going to perform an "auto key autospy" to see if the chip can be removed and encased in something slimmer. Then I might try it with a good key.

-- Bobby G.

Reply to
Robert Green

I've got a keyfob that does all that, and now that you remind me, I could technically use that to get in and out of the car (unless the battery dies!) and keep the RF enabled key hidden somewhere in the car. The RF keys (it's a 2002 Chrysler minivan) have no battery, just a bulbous head.

I just had a friend go through conniptions after locking his keys in the car with the ignition on. It turns out that on that model Ford, when the ignition is on, the keyfob doesn't work. We finally got in by using a coat hanger to push the power window button. That incident reminded me I had only one RF key for my van, and I ought to get a second one.

-- Bobby G.

Reply to
Robert Green

2002 Chrysler minivan

-- Bobby G.

Reply to
Robert Green

Yeah, "what a drag it is getting old." (-:

-- Bobby G.

Reply to
Robert Green