Marble advice needed

Hi everyone,
I am renovating a bathroom in the cellar of my home and I have my heart set on imperador marble tile. I am having a bit of trouble finding out exactly how much would be charged to lay the tile. I know that the cost of the tile alone is about 11 dollars per square foot. What I want to know is if the installation could possibly cost more than the tile itself.. It is a cement floor and all of the drywall and rockboard will be brand new (if that makes a difference). I know each situation is different, but I'm just curious if anyone has some basic prices they might have paid in the past:)
Sincerely, Anthony
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Prices vary widely based on location, available labor pool and the individual contractor's methods and pricing structure. The only way to get a number that will have any meaning, and that will let you proceed with your planning with a number that has any reliability, is to pick up the phone and call some contractors. Tell them that you're in the planning stages and you want to make sure that the area is prepared the way they need it. If you get conflicting information, post back here and we'll straighten it out.

Absolutely, if done right. You're talking about a small area, essentially all edges, lots of cutting and fitting, laborious techniques to minimize lippage. All told, it's hard to finish more than a square foot or two per hour on average. Now if you want fat grout joints, and lots of lippage, then any clown could do it fast and cheap.