Maple tree 3 feet from house

Page 2 of 2
As the owner of a house on a 1/2 acre lot, and several 50 year-old maple tr ees that I planted 50 years ago, when we purchased this house, I would keep any maple tree at least 15 feet away from the corner of the house. Assumi ng it is a normal (not Japanese) maple tree, it will get huge and even at 1 5 feet the branches will overhang the house.
If you can get 15 feet away and still be on the property, I would sure try to do it that way.