We bought several of the $60 Nighthawk combined CO/Gas detectors and
find that the gas alarm gets triggered by just about any organic
solvent we use in the house including:
- Paint thinner
- Whatever our cleaning people use for cleaning the floors
The alarm is pretty sensitive. A single rag dipped in alcahol left in
the hall will set off the alarm after a few minutes.
The result is that we have become "desensitized" to the alarm assuming
first that it must just be some solvent triggering it.
Has anyone else experienced similar problems?