Many false alarms with Nighthawk CO/Gas detector

We bought several of the $60 Nighthawk combined CO/Gas detectors and find that the gas alarm gets triggered by just about any organic solvent we use in the house including: - Methanol - Paint thinner - Whatever our cleaning people use for cleaning the floors - etc.
The alarm is pretty sensitive. A single rag dipped in alcahol left in the hall will set off the alarm after a few minutes.
The result is that we have become "desensitized" to the alarm assuming first that it must just be some solvent triggering it.
Has anyone else experienced similar problems?
blueman wrote:

no
Not here, but I try to keep organic solvents out of the house.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit

Low battery beep and nothing else.