manual knob retrofit for Kenmore 17572201???

Hi All,
I bought a Kenmore 17572201 dishwasher with an electronic control panel. The dishwasher works very nicely, except it hardly dries the dishes, except plates which it does dry. A trip to the operations manual confirms that plastics need to be hand dried. What a pain in the neck!
So, I have taken to stopping the timer at a precise point and then manually dripping the plastics and flatware before letting the cycle go through. And, if I miss the percise point, I wind up with a bunch of dry plates and everything else wet. Also, what a pain in the neck!
The electronic control panel does not offer an option to restart a dry cycle. You would have to go through another wash cycle to get to another dry cycle.
Does anyone know of a manual knob retrofit for this dish washer? At this point, I'd be willing to replace the entire front door, just to get a timer knob!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
Many thanks, --Tony snipped-for-privacy@gbis.com
--
-------------------------
I Fish. Therefore, I am.

In alt.home.repair on Sun, 13 Jul 2003 14:26:05 -0700 Anthony Ewell

Don't ask for everything.

then you should go on an all-plate diet.

Or time-dried.

I haven't tried to dry anything in 20 years. My model has what they slyly call an energy saver. That is, no drying. I leave that in the no-dry position, and I open the door a little, pull the top rack out a little for it to rest on, and everything dries in a couple or a few hours. It works best if I open the door right after it finishes when it is still hot.
STill hot at breakfast GG? Wow.

Might you not melt your plates? When repairing it once, I ran it through the wash cycle over and over and the heater heated the same water repeatedly, so hot it melted my favorite bowl a little.

Meirman
If emailing, please let me know whether or not you are posting the same letter.