Mantis Tiller Adjustment

We had a Mantis garden tiller which worked well for a number of years but it finally wore out this spring, when we bought a new one. It worked well for the spring tilling then rested in the garage for the summer. I wanted to do some tilling recently and it got tempermental. I spent several hours working on it over the last few weekends but it just won't work.
The status is that it will start on full choke after several presses on the fuel injector bubble thing. I let it run for a few minutes to get up to operating temperature but it shuts off when the choke is opened. If I try to accellerate with the choke closed, it also dies.
I've tried adjusting the carb screws in every possible way, the plug and fuel filter are good, and the muffler screen is clear. I drained the gas tank and re-filled with a new 2-cycle mix of the proper ratio. Any ideas on what else to try before I give up and take it to the shop?
Paul
Some of these strange symptoms can happen if the gasket betwen the carb and the engine dries, or leaks. I'm not familiar with your machine. But, some small engines, I've had to take the carb off, put a little Permatex IIb non hardening on the gasket, that helped.
[...]
Pavel,
A million things spring to mind but Mantis has a one year warranty. I'm sure they will be happy to adjust or fix this.
Dave M.