Man Stops Kids Vandalizing House —Now He Might Go To Jail

(Newser) – You see someone smashing a hammer into a house you've been renovating. You call 911 and run inside, where you find four local boys, aged between eight and 10, all vandalizing the house. What do you do? New York county man Jesse Daniels decided to put the kids in a closet until the cops arrived—a move that could now send him to jail with charges of endangering the welfare of a child, reports 13 WHAM. He faces a maximum sentence of a year in county jail for each charge.
"One person was sitting on the floor and the other ones were swinging, just swinging crazy," says Daniels. He claims he took a hammer off one kid before corralling them all into the closet. "I said listen you guys are staying here until the police come, period," he says. But the boys and their parents tell a different story. They say Daniels threatened the kids with the hammer and grabbed one boy by the throat. "I understand they were in the wrong but there are other ways to handle it," says one father. "He knew who the kids were it's not like they were strangers and send the kids home and call the cops then. You don't sit there and torment them and tell them you're going to bash their skulls in with a hammer." The kids face felony charges of second degree burglary and second degree criminal mischief.
http://www.newser.com/story/169581/man-stops-kids-vandalizing-house-now-he-might-go-to-jail.html
On 6/16/2013 4:19 PM, Metspitzer wrote:

http://www.newser.com/story/169581/man-stops-kids-vandalizing-house-now-he-might-go-to-jail.html

Sounds like what happens in England. Well, Obama wanted The U.S. to become more like Europe. ^_^
TDD
In belched:

back in the day, you would have got your ass whipped and taken to your parents to whip yer butt again
Like in England, where if you whack a house burglar on the head, the HO goes to jail, and the burglar gets compensation for injury? . Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus www.lds.org . .
Sounds like what happens in England. Well, Obama wanted The U.S. to become more like Europe. ^_^
TDD
On Jun 16, 10:22 pm, The Daring Dufas <the-daring-du...@stinky- finger.net> wrote:

Your wrong. We're worse than that here. The kids here would get off scot free and he would be additionally charged with some paedophile related/sexual offence.
On Jun 16, 10:22 pm, The Daring Dufas <the-daring-du...@stinky- finger.net> wrote:

Your wrong. We're worse than that here. The kids here would get off scot free and he would be additionally charged with some paedophile related/sexual offence.
"Get off my lawn!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NelBNtNm8l0

Sounds like the kids got what they deserved. Be nice to have the kids doing the restoration at the house, and community service. All in jail house uniforms. If I was the parents, I'd have the kids grounded for a month after their sentence. . Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus www.lds.org . .
[...]

You sure about that? I was a CO (read "jailer") for 15 years, We had several instances of people sitting out multiple misdemeanor offenses so they could get off the probation rolls. The rule was that the sentence must be one year or more for a felony offense before they were shipped to the state. I don't recall _ever_ shipping' a misdemeanant to the state no matter how many misdemeanor charges there were.
Harry K