Man shoots wife while installing satellite TV system

Page 1 of 2
I was expecting the reason to be, she was trying to tell him how to install it. Here is the real reason, and it is just as bad.
http://www.khqa.com/news/news_story.aspx?id 2401
Man shoots wife while installing satellite TV system
SEDALIA, MO. (AP) -- Officials are trying to decide whether to file charges against a Missouri man who fatally shot his wife while trying to install a satellite TV system in their home.
Thirty-four-year-old Patsy Long of Deep Water was pronounced dead Saturday evening after being shot in the chest with a .22-caliber handgun. Her husband, Ronald Long, fired the shot from the inside of their home after several unsuccessful efforts to punch a hole through the exterior wall using other means.
Henry County Sheriff's Deputies say the woman was hit by the second of two shots fired by her husband.
Investigators say a person involved in such a case normally would be charged with manslaughter, but that was up to the prosecutor.

He is a member of the 54%. It's amazing we don't see more disasters like this. It's just a matter of time, I suppose.

And the police actually beleive this guy? Who the hell uses a gun to put a hole through the roof to install a satellite dish? Wouldn't a drill or sawzall be easier?

And the police actually beleive this guy? Who the hell uses a gun to put a hole through the roof to install a satellite dish? Wouldn't a drill or sawzall be easier?
===========
What's really stupid is that if a .22 round went through whatever he was working on, he was probably 2 seconds away from a decent drill bit working just as well.
Who said anything about a roof? You're skewing the story already.
And the police actually beleive this guy? Who the hell uses a gun to put a hole through the roof to install a satellite dish? Wouldn't a drill or sawzall be easier?
Mikepier wrote:

The last time I installed a satellite dish I used a drill to run the cable through the wall. It never would have occurred to me to use a gun. Maybe a wadcutter?
It's Missouri, don't you just love it when cousins marry?
On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 19:12:02 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@invalid.com wrote:

" unsuccessful efforts to punch a hole through the exterior wall "
Where was the roof mentioned in the story?

Generally? You must be from NAMBLA!!

It's not, but I thought it was the roof too for some reason.

I'm more curious if the wife was standing by (beside) her man when the shot was fired. Ricochet from a .22 ? Second one killed her.

I don't know why but I keep thinking it's a trailer.
And I keep thinking he was firing from the inside out, but maybe it was the other way around.
Thanks for a laugh. Much needed laugh.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Next, we'll hear about how he was installing the thing on a yacht.
On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 01:15:30 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
Ever hear of people shooting hole (S) in the boat hull; when a snake drops out of the tree and into the boat?

I thought I saw the headline of another news channel say roof, but I guess it was through a wall. Either way, it was dumb.

And the police actually beleive this guy? Who the hell uses a gun to put a hole through the roof to install a satellite dish? *****************************
When did they put the afore mentioned wall up on the roof?
Mikepier wrote:

I don't know. I worked with a dumbass who shot a hole in his laundryroom floor because the washer overflowed.
On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 21:27:53 GMT, do snipped-for-privacy@do.com wrote:

We were at an outdoor event and the cars were parked close to the kegs.
Some guy locked his keys in his pretty new Camaro. He was trying to break the windshield with a rock to get in. Someone stopped him before he could break it.
Terry wrote:

Didn't he have a gun?