Malfunctioning Paragon Timer

I have Paragon RW 30 Timer attached to a fan that is part of an aerobic ((Oldham) waste water system. (You are supposed to run the fan about 10 to 15 minutes out of each half hour, and the time has a half hour cycle.) The fan for the system was not working so I bypassed the timer, and the fan began working again. I fiddled with the dial on the timer, and after so doing, I checked the outgoing connection to the fan by plugging it in to a radio, and the radio worked. However, when I reconnected the fan to the timer, the fan did not run. Does anyone have any idea as to what is going on?

Thanks JD.

PS I should add that I do not know that much about electrical appliances, but the timer looks so simple that I decided to see if something simple wasn't causing the problem.

Reply to
DaileyJohn.20.decij

Does the radio operate by battery power if unplugged? It's possible the switch won't handle the fan load but works under lighter loads.

Bill

Reply to
Berkshire Bill

the timer has contacts in it that could be pitted not always making a good contact. with the fan plugged in knock the timer and see if the fan starts at all. if it does you need a new timer. how old is it?

Reply to
hiebs