Male Nurse

Page 2 of 2
on 1/18/2009 8:06 AM (ET) HeyBub wrote the following:

I believe that only a Physician's Assistant (PA) can write prescriptions under a physician's authority. A Nurse Practitioner (NP) has a Master's Degree and can even write narcotic prescriptions without a physician's authority. In NYS at least, an NP can open his or her own practice.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
HeyBub wrote:

Military EMT perhaps?
TDD

Marines are among the best in the world at breaking things and killing people. But for things that require finesse (such as keeping their skinny little butts alive) they call on the Navy.
on 1/18/2009 5:48 AM (ET) Kurt Ullman wrote the following:

The US Navy, the first line of America's defense. The US Marine Corps, the first line of America's offense.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Oren wrote:

Uh, no.
"The President of the United States in the name of The Congress takes pleasure in presenting the Medal of Honor to
"FOSS, JOSEPH JACOB
"Rank and organization:
"Captain, U.S. Marine Corps Reserve, Marine Fighting Squadron 121, 1st Marine Aircraft Wing. Place and date: Over Guadalcanal, 9 October to 19 November 1942, 15 and 23 January 1943. Entered service at: South Dakota. Born: 17 April 1 915, Sioux Falls, S. Dak.
"Citation
"For outstanding heroism and courage above and beyond the call of duty as executive officer of Marine Fighting Squadron 121, 1st Marine Aircraft Wing, at Guadalcanal. Engaging in almost daily combat with the enemy from 9 October to 19 November 1942, Capt. Foss personally shot down 23 Japanese planes and damaged others so severely that their destruction was extremely probable..."
Big Jim wrote:

Tell that to my buddy who is a nurse anesthetist and may be the one providing anesthesia to you during an operation if you happen to be in a local hospital.

The medical terminology for that surgery is "Addadicktome"

LOL! Good one.
End result is referred to as a "shim".

House-Man, Gal-Boy and a few others.
I expect they are A-Sexual?

Oh boy! that pops a memory bubble of a scene from the 1983 movie "War Games". Matthew Broderick was in class screwing around so teacher decides to put him on the spot and call on him.
Teacher: Maybe you can tell us who first suggested the idea of reproduction without sex?
Broderick: Ummm, your wife?
Oren wrote:

Nope, they build in a little hydraulic or air bladder system, with a subcutaneous pumping bulb and release valve, to make the mockup sort of function. When it breaks down, I don't think any home DIY repairs are possible. (Apologies to the group for prolonging a very juvenile thread)
-- aem sends...

Which brings it back on topic...
Kurt Ullman wrote:

Home repair?

Actually I was referring to this bit:'

Which is used quite often in home repairs. When I was working on replacing a window, I used quite a few shims. Of course, I broke off the extra length (g),
Kurt Ullman wrote:

I can't tell you how many times I've tried to repair a broken widow only to be asked "can you break it off a bit?" I usually reply, "No, but I can shimmy a bit..."

But can you shimmy like my sister, Kate???