Male Nurse

Page 1 of 2
Can a woman become a male nurse? :)

Sure, and these days she can even marry herself.

After The Operation.
Real men arent nurses

Real men arent nurses
Yeah? Tell that to a hospital corpsman on the battlefield.
Sanity wrote:

A corpsman (Marines) or medic (Army) is not a nurse.
HeyBub, 1/17/2009,8:12:03 PM, wrote:

Isn't that a corpsperson?

Or to my face.. Kurt Ullman RN.
Real men arent nurses
=========================== shit....I'd rather be a nurse than a doctor. I know nurses making over 100k and with very little ot.
od

Your comment indicates you have a medical issue Jim. You have your head up your ass.
No, I'm not a nurse, never was nor do I even know any.

First of all, a corpsman is not a Marine, he's Navy. In hospitals they serve as nurses and doctors aids. In the field they perform emergency first aid and triage.
Sanity wrote:

Right. A corpsman is a navy man - there are no corpswomen. In hospitals, he may serve as a nurse or orderly, but he's still a corpsman, not a nurse or an physician's assistant.

Semantics
Sanity wrote:

Uh, no. It's similar to the difference between a Ph.D. and an M.D. A "nurse" has completely different training than a corpsman and there are completely different legal ramifications associated with the care given by each.
For example, a "nurse" can write prescriptions (under the authority of a physician), a corpsman can't.

And a corpsman can perform emergency surgery and treatment in the field where a nurse can't.
Sanity wrote:

Right. But that's only because nurses generally aren't allowed on the battlefield.
ANYONE, nurse or not, can perform emergency surgery on the battlefield - or in an alley in midtown Manhattan, on a dude ranch, riding a Ferris Wheel at the Ohio State Fair in Columbus, backpacking in the Grand Tetons, on a Mississippi Riverboat, or while watchin Dr Phil at the neighborhood tavern.

I'd like to perform surgery on the Paul guy, Letterman's band sidekick. Don't need any medical instruments. Band instrument, namely guitar string, applied somewhere between the chin and shoulders is what I had in mind. Paul deserves a "Goodfella".
wrote in message

You're talking about a nurse practioner. Not a nurse. A regular nurse might write the prescription for the doc but he has to sign it. A nurse practiition is authorized to prescribe just as a corpsman is when there are no doctors available.
HeyBub wrote:

This is REALLY dependent on state law. Advanced practice (MSN or higher) nurses can write scripts in most (I think all but I don't have confirmation) states.