Malaysian PM says MH370 went down in the south of the Indian Ocean

"This evening I was briefed by representatives from the UK Air Accident inv estigation branch, or AAIB. They inform me that Inmarsat, the UK company th at provided the satellite data which indicated northern and southern corrid ors, has been performing further calculations on the data, using a type of analysis never before used in an investigation of this sort.
They have been able to shed more light on MH370's flight path. Based on the ir new analysis. Inmarsat and the AAIB have concluded that MH370 flew along the southern corridor and that its last position was in the middle of the Indian Ocean, west of Perth.
This is a remote location, far from any possible landing sites. It is there fore with deep sadness and regret that I must inform you that, according to this new data, Flight MH370 ended in the southern Indian Ocean."
Which of course leads to more questions. Before I went out and made such a statement based on some company applying a "type of analysis never before used in an investigation of this sort", I would want confirmation that they know what they are talking about. I'd want another 777 to do a test flight in that area, ACARS turned off, and have them prove that from the "new analysis" they can in fact locate the test 777 to that area and that's the only conclusion possible.
There has just been way to much BS put out there for anyone to now believe that a new technique, never used before, is suddenly the holy grail.