Makita battery question 9120 replace 9100?

Hi, I have a Makita 6201D cordless driver drill that takes a 9100 9.6V battery. I need to get a replacement but can only find the 9120 9.6V battery. They look pretty similar but I notice the 9120 has an extra edge/shelf/lip around it and I'm concerned that this may prevent it from seating all the way in my drill. Anybody have any experience with this? are they relatively interchangeable? Thanks

Contact the Mfg. Another option is www.primecell.com I believe.