Making water tank with alluminum/stainless steel beer keg

Would it be possible to make a water tank with an alluminum/stainless steel beer keg.

Thank you, Robert Rolleston

Reply to
Robert Rolleston

I guess the only issue is will the keg handle pressure of a home water system

Reply to
Robert Rolleston

Would it be possible to make a water tank with an aluminum/stainless steel beer keg. I guess the only issue is will the keg handle pressure of a home water system

Thank you, Robert Rolleston

Reply to
Robert Rolleston

Anything is possible. Practical and sensible are different though. Depends on the use. It will not take the place of a Weltrol pressure tank if that is your intention.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

"Robert Rolleston" wrote

Why would you replace beer with water??!!!

That, sir, is alcohol abuse........

Reply to
Red Neckerson

Reply to
bumtracks

Reply to
Robert Rolleston

I fail to see what you would accomplish. Yes, it should hold common household pressures but the volume of useable water (the draw-down) would be so small as to be impractical in use.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

Reply to
Robert Rolleston

I was thinking about makeing a water heater tank out of one but at 60 psi max on a keg isn't enough but I did find an atwood 10g heater tank. I will probably use it with an electric element and heat exchanger connected to a wood stove. I just want a small tank heater that I can use on generator power. My tankless unit requires too much power.

Reply to
Robert Rolleston

Isn't it a sacrilege to put water into a beer keg? : )

Reply to
Edward Grant