Making water tank with alluminum/stainless steel beer keg

Would it be possible to make a water tank with an alluminum/stainless steel beer keg.
Thank you, Robert Rolleston
Robert Rolleston wrote:

I guess the only issue is will the keg handle pressure of a home water system
maybe if you drill a hole in a big beer bottle screw on top and pull in a tire valve you could measure pressures at different fluid levels & various shake amounts and educate us all ?

Would it be possible to make a water tank with an aluminum/stainless steel beer keg. I guess the only issue is will the keg handle pressure of a home water system
Thank you, Robert Rolleston

Anything is possible. Practical and sensible are different though. Depends on the use. It will not take the place of a Weltrol pressure tank if that is your intention.

Why would you replace beer with water??!!!
That, sir, is alcohol abuse........
heh. I found out that a beer keg can only hold 60psi so still not sure it's a good idea.
Red Neckerson wrote:

I fail to see what you would accomplish. Yes, it should hold common household pressures but the volume of useable water (the draw-down) would be so small as to be impractical in use.
Harry K
I was going to make a small water heater.
Harry K wrote:

I was thinking about makeing a water heater tank out of one but at 60 psi max on a keg isn't enough but I did find an atwood 10g heater tank. I will probably use it with an electric element and heat exchanger connected to a wood stove. I just want a small tank heater that I can use on generator power. My tankless unit requires too much power.

Isn't it a sacrilege to put water into a beer keg? : )