Making snow

Has anyone tried using their pressure washer to make snow, im tired of seeing grass and thought of giving it a try.

Reply to
ransley

Even if it was ice at least it would look like winter in my back yard, getting tired of the no snow look, my problem I see is I only have one nozzle a zero degree,

15-30 degree nozzle gives a finer spray
Reply to
ransley

I tried it yesterday, but since it was 61 degrees here in CT, it did not work well.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I've read some sick and twisted shit from this group but wanting to make snow crosses the line. You need professional help! ;-)

Reply to
Bernt Berger

Zero tip works fine, if you point it nearly straight up in the air. Let us know how it turns out.

.

Even if it was ice at least it would look like winter in my back yard, getting tired of the no snow look, my problem I see is I only have one nozzle a zero degree,

15-30 degree nozzle gives a finer spray
Reply to
Stormin Mormon

My old, now defunct, pressure washer had an adjustable nozzle thingy. The water shot out of a small orifice and would drill a hole in just about anything you pointed it at. However, there were 2 parallel metal diverter that, when adjusted would move closer together and make the spray more a fan pattern. There was a sweet spot that when you just brought in the metal plates and held the gun straight out, that would create something that looked like fog. I suppose if you did this at 10 degrees or lower, you'd have snow.

Reply to
Art Todesco

Just as an FYI...

It is my understanding that the possibly-soon-to-be-bankrupt Eastman Kodak Co. was the accidental inventor of Snomax, the snowmaking technology that is still in wide spread use today.

The way I heard it was that a Kodak engineer was working on a non-snow related project and it started snowing in his lab. He retraced his steps, figured out what he had done and Snomax Technologies Inc.was born.

I don't believe that Kodak owns the company anymore...probably sold off to help raise cash years ago.

Reply to
DerbyDad03