Making an Ocean Washer/Dryer Dry Faster

Hi,

I have an Ocean Washer/Dryer combo, and it's the best washer I've ever owned - it takes 3 hours to finish a wash cycle, but it produces amazing results. Thank god for European front-loading washers.

I only wish the dryer was half as good. It takes 3 hours to dry clothes to 95% dryness - my old White Westinghouse finished in 45 minutes.

I don't know if this has anything to do with the fact that it's a washer/dryer combo, but I'd like to make it hotter - a lot hotter.

It's an electric, front-loading Washer/Dryer combo. It does *not* have a ventilation pipe for the dryer, this one just uses a tube to get the water out.

It heats up, but obviously not enough. Is the fact that it doesn't have a ventilation pipe and instead relies on getting the liquid water out a testimony to the fact that it can't/wasn't meant to get hotter than it does now?

Basically, I'm looking to either tweak the voltage or replace the heating element with a more powerful model. Does anyone know if this is possible on a ventilation-less dryer?

BTW, who makes Ocean? I can't seem to find anything about it online, it's an Italian brand and it's not (in my experience) cheap quality.

Thanks.

Reply to
Computer Guru

There's nothing you can do to change the way it works. Where do you live? I'm asking because I'm curious what other brands were available to you when you were choosing a machine.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Your might be a dehumidifier type dryer. They only heat the air a little.

It takes longer but has the advantage that its almost impossible to overheat or overdry the cloths , no more melted socks cause they were left in too long.

Reply to
marks542004

Well, I'm in the Middle East, Jordan specifically. Dryers are expensive as hell here, and the only options for a good washer + a separate dryer under a grand were the really cheap Beko and some other stuff - so I paid a bit more and got a washer/dryer combo... 900 USD total for it.

I really like the Washer as I said before, but the dryer is terrible. When I first take the stuff out, it's hot and seemingly dry, but as soon as the cold air hits it, all the water vapor instantly condenses and turns to moisture.

I guess it is a dehumidifier type because the water comes out as liquid... Mark, you say it "takes longer" but you know, 3 hours is a LONG time... Is that normal? Is there anything I can do about it?

Many thanks guys...

Reply to
Computer Guru

There's nothing you can do about it. That's how it's designed. If I were in this situation, I'd make a few drying racks out of PVC pipe and buy a fan.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom