Making a very hot cup of coffee

Page 1 of 2
I am trying to have 2 questions answered before I need the repair. Please pardon, my question, if you feel it is off topic. I have wrote emails to the Vendor and contacted them by phone for a week, No return phone call or email.
I just purchased an expensive Cuisinart Grind & Brew Automatic CoffeMaker with Thermal Carafe, model DGB-600.
I love very, "HOT" coffee. The directions included say the following:
"Prewarm carafe with hot water to help keep the coffee hotter".
I tried that with normal hot water from the sink and then placed "filtered cold water in the coffee pot. The coffe came out cold. So I know, I need to place hot water inside the coffe maker.
So my question is this. I have a Hot Water Dispenser in the house, set to 190 degrees. Can I use this temperature "hot water" directly inside the carafe to keep the carafe warm.
Also, can I use the 190 degree hot water to actually make the coffee.
I will be making coffee by using it's "grind the beans" on demand function.
Thanks much,
Lawrence M. Seldin, CMC, CPC Author of POWER TIPS FOR THE APPLE NEWTON and INTRODUCTION TO CSP Author of RECRUITSOURCE PEOPLESOFT EXAM and RECRUITSOURCE SAP/R3 EXAM
NOTE: To send me an email, remove TAKEOUT from my email address: snipped-for-privacy@seldin.net
NOTE: My web home page: www.seldin.net
contact the manufacturer

Larry wrote:

Effi,
When I wrote that I emailed the Vendor and phoned them, I was referring to the Manufacturer. On the phone calls, after about waiting 10 minutes, they produce a message, saying that the phone lines are busy and call another day. Been doing that for a week.
Lawrence M. Seldin, CMC, CPC Author of POWER TIPS FOR THE APPLE NEWTON and INTRODUCTION TO CSP Author of RECRUITSOURCE PEOPLESOFT EXAM and RECRUITSOURCE SAP/R3 EXAM
NOTE: To send me an email, remove TAKEOUT from my email address: snipped-for-privacy@seldin.net
NOTE: My web home page: www.seldin.net

Please tell me the CMC does not stand for Command Master Chief.
If the Navy has started making CMC's out of people that can't make coffee..... well, it's changed since the days I was there. (If I didn't hate smiley faces so much I would put one here)

to leak and you will be electrocuted. :)

Might I suggest alt.coffee? There you will learn more than you want to know about coffee. After reading the stuff there I went out and built myself a coffee roaster so now I have fresh coffee to drink.
You can also buy an electric kettle. These will boil water faster than a microwave and that will give you 212 degree water.
Roger Shoaf
About the time I had mastered getting the toothpaste back in the tube, then they come up with this striped stuff.

Roger,
Before I posted to this newsgroup, I searched for a "coffee" newsgroup. I did not find one. I re-did my search after your suggestion. I guess my ISP does not have this newsgroup.

I previously bought a Perculator. For me, what a pain to clean. The electric is built into the canaster, so you have to be very careful washing it. Real pain.
I did recently learn, that you can get a Perculator that does not use an electric cord and can go on a range.
However, I really just wanted the answer to "how hot" my water can be to warm the "carafe" and also how hot, my water can be.
Thanks for your input.
Lawrence M. Seldin, CMC, CPC Author of POWER TIPS FOR THE APPLE NEWTON and INTRODUCTION TO CSP Author of RECRUITSOURCE PEOPLESOFT EXAM and RECRUITSOURCE SAP/R3 EXAM
NOTE: To send me an email, remove TAKEOUT from my email address: snipped-for-privacy@seldin.net
NOTE: My web home page: www.seldin.net

OK so you want some coffee education try http://sweetmarias.com/ .

Perculated coffee is probably the worst way to make coffee.

Plain water can only be heated to 212F at sea level. Your instant tap probably can't be adjusted that high to prevent overpressure. an ordinary tea kettle can be used on the stove top to heat the water to boiling to preheat your carafe.
The temperature of the coffee coming out of your brewer is probably going top be less than 190 degrees. If you really like to drink liquids that scald your mouth, why not just take the cup of coffee you pour from your carafe and give it a zap in the microwave?
--

Roger Shoaf

Lawrence M. Seldin, CMC, CPC wrote:

Even my crappy news server had 22 different coffee groups listed.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

snipped-for-privacy@carolina.rr.com.barf

I hate it when people post things like that. Now you got me curious and I had to check to see what my server carries. We have 17 groups with coffee in the name.

-snip-
While you are waiting for them to fulfill your request you can catch up on it through http://groups-beta.google.com/group/alt.coffee
Jim

I think you should return it , its broke.
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (m Ransley) writes:

If i recall correctly, I looked at this pot when we got sick or replacing broken glass carafes and one of the biggest complaints for this maker was cold coffee.
toss the filled cup in the microwave for a bit to heat it.
--
be safe.
flip

Read the instruction booklet that came with the coffe maker. You are supposed to plug the coffeemaker in first and also you don't pour the water directly through the filter. There should be a holding tank that you fill up. Hope that helps.
Mike

Mike,
I read the instruction booklet 4 times and also went on to the Manufacturer website. No answer to my question.
When I was referring to filtered water. I have filtered cold water coming from my refrigorator. I like to use this water, than straight from the sink. The filtered water, I poured into the Coffee Maker itself. The holding tank, is where I placed the refrigorator filtered water into.
I do not have a filter for hot water....However, the Coffee Maker, does say it "filters water".
thanks for your input. Lawrence M. Seldin, CMC, CPC Author of POWER TIPS FOR THE APPLE NEWTON and INTRODUCTION TO CSP Author of RECRUITSOURCE PEOPLESOFT EXAM and RECRUITSOURCE SAP/R3 EXAM
NOTE: To send me an email, remove TAKEOUT from my email address: snipped-for-privacy@seldin.net
NOTE: My web home page: www.seldin.net
On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 13:42:38 -0500, "Lawrence M. Seldin, CMC, CPC"

No. Use cold water. Microwave your coffee to the temperature of Lava. Or use a coffee press like I do.

Get a french press. They make much better coffee anyway and you can control the temperature.
dv
The geographical center of Boston is in Roxbury. Due north of the
Do you mean a freedom press?