Make this group Moderated?

Wouldn't this be a better group if it was moderated? Has anyone ever considered that?

Reply to
MiniM

Please send me a formal request along with the mandatory $50 processing fee.

Reply to
dadiOH

Moderated by whom? And for what standards?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

Yep, but they sobered up in a couple of days. I find it interesting that even the ones that have suggested the need to be moderated have decided it wasn't worth the time or effort to actually go through the process.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

Yes, it's now moderated. I'm the moderater. Your off topic post has been delated. Please refrain from doing that again or you will be booted for good.....

Reply to
trader4

No because if it were moderated I couldn't have so much fun with the GUN nuts here !!

Reply to
Doug

Nice. Now lets talk GUNS and let the fun begin !!

Reply to
Doug

.... I forgot but you are correct !! Thanks.

Reply to
Doug

A damn Democrat did a few years ago. We sent him back to Kalifornia!

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

Take yer best shot

Reply to
ChairMan

Since your post has nothing to do with home repair, you should have used OT in your subject line.

There, you've been moderated. Feel better?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

No problem. You can join a moderated group. It is telling that you want to censor others, though.

Reply to
krw

I'm using it right now @

at some point lost the killfile and making and then supporting a new one was too much of a trouble. this works

Reply to
passerby

You should hang out at alt.hvac They are a much friendlier group and will answer all your home repair questions.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Go to any home improvement supply house, hardware store, industrial supply house or anywhere a bunch of reprobates hang out and talk about anything and everything and that's what you'll find here. Many of us, out of consideration, will put "OT" Off Topic in the title of any post that has nothing to with home repair, construction or improvement. This is for the more sensitive among us who may be upset if something about politics, religion or naked women is posted. It makes it easy for anyone to filter out Off Topic posts. You may also filter out certain individual posters if you hate and despise them for the content of what they may write. It's very easy to moderate what you see by setting up your newsreader to filter out anything you don't like. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Gun nuts should always be protected by a properly fitted cup and athletic supporter. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Well, I don't know that the OP wants to "censor" others in the manner that I assume you imply. (If my assumption is wrong, accept this early apology and ignore the rest of this post.)

IMO, the desire to keep this group a bit more focused on home repair issues is not a bad thing. I hope that is what the OP is asking about.

The completely OT subjects are bad enough, even when called out as such in the subject line, but that's not biggest problem with a.h.r. these days, IMHO.

We reached the point where the mere mention of "code" and/or "law" in relation to a home repair topic eventually leads to someone saying the government is taking over our lives, we all should carry guns, your mother is a leftist commie, FU, Well, FU too!

How many threads that actually started out as a legitimate home repair thread eventually spiraled down into political rantings from those on both sides of the aisle, those in the middle of the aisle and those that don't want others to share any aisle with them?

It's not like there aren't enough usenet groups dedicated to those types of discussions...why does so much of that have to take place in a.h.r.?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

We're only slightly on topic in this thread.

These guys act just like I'd expect a bunch of cranky old guys to act.

Unfortunately, a lot of these cranky old guys repair things too.

It's getting harder to tell if they ever contribute anything useful as my kill file grows.

If people would cultivate their kill files instead of engaging in pointless battles, this problem would resolve itself without a moderator.

Reply to
Dan Espen

Bad puns are a little off target, don't you think?

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken