Major repair to high end Thermador BBQ grill.

Our 6 yr old Thermador BBQ had a little flash fire and fried all it's wiring. I don't blame Thermador because we hardly cleaned the thing (I know - dumb). At first I was going to toss it, but after I saw what's out there to buy I went back an had another look at the damage. I think it's worth trying to save since it seems made a lot better than what I see. I'm an EE so this seems within my skill level. I spent today cleaning out the burned-up wires and the melted igniter.

Where can I get high temperature wiring and crimp connectors? I know the stuff that was in there was not hardware store wire. There was also some braided cloth-like shielding to keep the heat off wires (which also got burned) that also needs replacing. I need to be extra carefull because this unit has an IR igniter for the rotisery than runs on

110VAC, so I want to be sure the wiring can take the heat. The main burner igniter was also 110VAC powered but I think I'll replace that with a battery powered one.
Reply to
lens

It's been a long time (pre-internet) since I repaired an ancient waffle iron so I don't remember where I got my HT wire & crimp connectors. My local hardware store carried (carries?) them as well but at 50c each I went to a commercial source. I still have enough connectors to repair stuff for kid's kids. :)

You can get a piezo unit that need no battery, they're sold every where.

cheers Bob

I found these

Reply to
BobK207

check your local appliance parts store, high temperature wire is used in dryers and other appliances, frequently covered by cloth overshield, they have ceramic wire nuts too

Reply to
hallerb

Check this page

John H