Majestic direct vent fireplace BLUE FLAME????

I have a brand new home with a direct vent natural gas fireplace.MY problem is that the flame is BLUE and not realistic looking at ALL. And the amt of heat being generated seems excessive? I have seen fireplaces that have almost completely YELLOW flames which (to me)is far more appealing.. ours looks like a stove flame. Is there an adjustment or something I can make to fix it up? Or do I replace the logs or something.. I hope someone can help me!

Reply to
Chris

I have a brand new home with a Majestic direct vent fireplace. THe problem is that the flame is all blue (like a stove) and I have seen gas fireplaces with almost all YELLOW flame which I certainly do prefer. Does anyone know if there is a way to adjust this or am I stuck with it? It generates a huge amt of heat also even with the fan going it heats up the room to the point that you turn it off. I thought it waS a fireplace not a BBQ! Can anyone help me??

Reply to
Chris

You need to add air into the mix . Either gas pressure is to high or there should be a slide vent controling amount of air on unit

Reply to
mark Ransley

Reply to
ph12

Have you looked at the operating instructions which the manufacturer provided? If you don't have the instructions you should contact the home's builder or the fireplace manufacturer -- any gas appliance is potentially dangerous and operating one blindly is not a good idea. Is the fireplace installed properly? i.e. all of the ceramic or mineral or fiber bits (different manufacturers use different methods to provide more realistic appearance) in their assigned places?

Reply to
John McGaw

Contact Majestic to see if there are adjustments. Many times, it will get better after they are burned for about an hour. Here is Majestic's information:

Vermont Castings, Majestic Products Division CFM Corporation

410 Admiral Boulevard Mississauga, ON L5T 2N6 Phone: (905)670-7777 Fax: (905)565-4699 Website:
John Galbreath

Hi,

Just adjust the air slides closed on the burners

candice till you get the amonut of orange you want.

Reply to
CLSSM00X7

I do not suggest altering the burners. To do so can cause sooting and carbon monoxide.

Reply to
John Galbreath

Here we go.....someones gonna follow this dangerous advice, and end up with a dead family member, and I hope they sue the shit out of AOL and Candyass.. AOL? Sure..for allowing this moron to post such advice after they have been warned about it...

Reply to
CBHvac

replying to Chris, Stefan Ovezea wrote: The blue flame burns at 1960 Celsius yellow 1900 Celsius without fully burning your gas

Reply to
Stefan Ovezea

replying to Chris, Benjamin Karazi wrote: Hello, You have the best kind of fire anyone could have; a flame saturated with oxygen and no killer monoxide in any form. Your system must have a valve or a hole inline the when gas is running, it causes a vacuum condition and sucks the air (oxygen) in and mixes it with the gas. If you wish to have a yellow, orange, red, or combination of colors, should close that valve. If you are not familiar with the physic subject or are not technical, may add copper, stainless steel, on the flame to cover the fire from proper breathing and place some safe fireproof stones or rocks on top of the metal/s. Also, purr some Glowing Embers, Lava Rock Pellet, and Vermiculite. A tip to saving money on gas and have more heat in your fireplace: place a carbon monoxide detector in front of your fireplace (on position) and slowly start closing the exhaust damper (not all the way). The point that the detector goes off, slowly start reopening the damper and keep resting the detector to the point that the damper is as close as possible without releasing carbon monoxide into your leaving area (detector does not go off). Note that with the blue flame, you can close the damper all the way, where it is like you are using your stove!

Reply to
Benjamin Karazi

replying to Chris, Benjamin Karazi wrote: Hello, You have the best kind of fire anyone could have; a flame saturated with oxygen and no killer monoxide in any form. Your system must have a valve or a hole inline the when gas is running, it causes a vacuum condition and sucks the air (oxygen) in and mixes it with the gas. If you wish to have a yellow, orange, red, or combination of colors, should close that valve. If you are not familiar with the physic subject or are not technical, may add copper, stainless steel, on the flame to cover the flame from proper breathing and place some safe fireproof stones or rocks on top of the metal/s. Also, purr some Glowing Embers, Lava Rock Pellet, and Vermiculite. A tip to saving money on gas and have more heat in your fireplace: place a carbon monoxide detector in front of your fireplace (on position) and slowly start closing the exhaust damper (not all the way). The point that the detector goes off, slowly start reopening the damper and keep resting the detector to the point that the damper is as close as possible without releasing carbon monoxide into your leaving area (detector does not go off). Note that with the blue flame, you can close the damper all the way, where it is like you are using your stove!

Reply to
Benjamin Karazi