Majestic direct vent fireplace BLUE FLAME????

I have a brand new home with a direct vent natural gas fireplace.MY problem is that the flame is BLUE and not realistic looking at ALL. And the amt of heat being generated seems excessive? I have seen fireplaces that have almost completely YELLOW flames which (to me)is far more appealing.. ours looks like a stove flame. Is there an adjustment or something I can make to fix it up? Or do I replace the logs or something.. I hope someone can help me!
I have a brand new home with a Majestic direct vent fireplace. THe problem is that the flame is all blue (like a stove) and I have seen gas fireplaces with almost all YELLOW flame which I certainly do prefer. Does anyone know if there is a way to adjust this or am I stuck with it? It generates a huge amt of heat also even with the fan going it heats up the room to the point that you turn it off. I thought it waS a fireplace not a BBQ! Can anyone help me??
Hi,
Just adjust the air slides closed on the burners
candice till you get the amonut of orange you want.
I do not suggest altering the burners. To do so can cause sooting and carbon monoxide.
--
John Galbreath Jr.
http://www.firelogs.com /

Here we go.....someones gonna follow this dangerous advice, and end up with a dead family member, and I hope they sue the shit out of AOL and Candyass.. AOL? Sure..for allowing this moron to post such advice after they have been warned about it...
You need to add air into the mix . Either gas pressure is to high or there should be a slide vent controling amount of air on unit

Have you looked at the operating instructions which the manufacturer provided? If you don't have the instructions you should contact the home's builder or the fireplace manufacturer -- any gas appliance is potentially dangerous and operating one blindly is not a good idea. Is the fireplace installed properly? i.e. all of the ceramic or mineral or fiber bits (different manufacturers use different methods to provide more realistic appearance) in their assigned places?
--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]