Main Sewer Line cost?

Have to replace the main sewer line running from house to street as it's full of tree roots (from neighbor's tree and was just snaked three months ago and now backed up again).

It's a 25' stretch with no obstructions, through a standard lawn. We do have a sidewalk (don't know if they tear that up or not).

Was quoted $2500 to replace the main line. Sound about right?? Should I ask anything special about what kind of pipe they'll install?

Thanks for any help. Kane

Reply to
Anonymous

In some parts of the country that might be high; in others about right. All depends on labor costs and depth, etc.

Call City Hall and ask if a permit is needed for the work (usually) and whether this contractor is on their approved list. Insist that any contractor pull the permit himself and that he carries liability insurance. Get a couple more quotes.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

In Los Anges County. Depth is standard for the burbs. Somewhere between 3-5 feet IIRC.

Thanks -- that was good advice.

Kane

Reply to
Anonymous

Reply to
nospambob

Here in SW FL, a year ago, I had the house hooked up to the new city sewer. They had to run about 60' of pipe, install vent, pump out, crush and fill septic tank. The plumbers total bill was $700.

Reply to
Over40pirate