Main panel to main panel wiring in converting multi-family to single family dwelling

I have been remodeling a 2 family home into a single family home which had 2 main panels. I would like to make one panel into a subpanel but am not sure how the grounding should be on the subpanel. Can I leave it ground the way it is (as a main panel) or should it be ground to the other main panel now? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
As a sub panel, it will get its feed from the main panel. The feed will be four wires, two hot, one neutral, and one ground. In the sub panel there will be a neutral buss and a ground buss, which are isolated from each other. The neutral loads will be attached to the new neutral buss, and the grounds to the ground buss. Be sure to remove the bonding jumper which currently connects the neutral/ground buss to the panel

wiring. Good luck with the inspector.
Toller wrote:

Thanks for your reply Toller. Now have fun signing in to yahoo.

The quick and dirty approach is to just power both panels from ONE meter.
IF you want to turn a service panel into a sub-panel you have to separate the GROUND buss from the NEUTRAL buss. And the NEUTRAL buss has to be "floating" relative to the panel case. Odds are that many of your neutral wires will not reach your new neutral buss.

posted for all of us...