Magneto ignition

I have a Sears (Murray) riding mower that has electric start and what I believe to be magneto ignition.
Experience has been the starter batteries last two years if I'm lucky. For other purposes I have a jump start battery pack which I also use now to start the mower. Curious whether I could eliminate the present battery entirely and just use the jump start? Or does the battery need to be part of the overall circuit?
The battery is only for lights & starting only and is not part of the ignition circuit. You could eliminate the battery and jump start everytime.
I came by a rope pull starer for mine and got rid of the battery all together> dont ask where to get one. I got mine down at the dump, found itwhen I hauled off a bunch of my junk.