Magnetic Paint

Some of you may have heard of this, so it's for those that haven't. Turn your wall into a magnetic surface where you can hang metal objects without making holes. Give your refrigerator a rest and hang those magnetic pics on the wall.

willshak

Who'da thunk??!!

And you know, this is esp. handy, now that so many fridges and kitchen items are SS. Who'da thought that a SS fridge, or backsplshes, etc, would be such a pita....

You could actually paint a square foot or two of this stuff on a SS fridge. Mebbe then spray that with a gold or chrome paint -- proly wouldn't look too shabby, if done right...

Reply to
Existential Angst

EA,

Magnets already stick to my "SS" fridge. What am I doing wrong?

Reply to
Oren

I was going to question that. Different grades of SS have different properties. Generally speaking, the cheap SS is ferrous and will attract magnets.

Reply to
Tony

Oren wrote the following:

Nothing. You have a different grade of SS. My SS Kenmore will not accept magnets.

Reply to
willshak

Existential Angst wrote the following:

I was thinking of painting it under the cabinets. Stick a recipe up with a magnet to hold a recipe. Another thing would be to paint a stripe of about 6" wide around the kitchen at about eye level. Maybe in a nursery or kids room to hold posters, pictures, drawings, or other stuff. At your computer for all the papers that you may need. Incoming and outgoing stuff. etc. Ooooh, I'm getting all excited. :-)

Reply to
willshak

willshak wrote in news:5cSdnTzuB-C6503WnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@supernews.com:

why not just hot glue a sheet of steel to it? Then you can remove it if desired and not damage the original finish.

4 drops of hot glue and then you can hang whatever you please. I'd paint the steel sheet first.
Reply to
Jim Yanik

tp://

Can it stop cell phone communications too? That would be a better use for it IMO, great for painting all walls and ceiling of places where you dont want cell phones ringing.

Reply to
RickH

Do you know that if you were to paint the entire room with that stuff (walls, floor, ceiling, doors and windows). There would be no gravity in that room, and you would just float around in there. Of course there would not be any poles either, no matter which way you looked, it would be all of these, north, south, east, and west all at the same time. No compass would work, and thus, you could not leave the room because there would be no where to go. Meaning that without compass points, nothing would exist outside that room, and if you were to leave, you'd be sucked into a black hole in space. But wait, there's more.

Because the human heart depends on magnetic forces, you'd likely die as soon as the last part of the room was painted. Your body would float around in that room, dead, for eternity, unless it was to crash into a window and break the glass, at which time it would exit the room and go into that black hole. If the body did not exit on it's own, anyone else who entered the room to rescue your dead body would also die as soon as they shut the door. This would most likely be the police, and if too many officers died, the entire city would fall under criminal control because there would be no law enforcement, and you (the dead guy), would be charged with conspiracy to incite a riot, and murdering police officers. You would be prosecuted and imprisoned. Of course they would have to use a magnetic prison cell for you, or your corpse would begin to stink outside of a magnetic environment. (Inside a magnetic room, nothing decays).

As a concerned citizen, and patriotic American, I have sent a copy of your original message to the FBI. They now know your plans, and will be visiting you (hopefully before) you paint that room.

If you're intelligent (I know that's asking a lot), you should return the paint to Home Depot BEFORE the FBI arrive. Then you can just tell them that this was all an April Fool prank, (but be sure your calendar is opened to the month of April), or they'll call you a liar and arrest you for fraud, civil disobedience, and adultry.

Reply to
mycomputer3

snipped-for-privacy@mydesk.com wrote the following:

The FBI and CIA have been circling around my house for years in them black SUVs. There is a Halliburton truck parked down the street from my house. I wave to them as I drive by. LOL My phone has been tapped, and there are bugs all around my house. I have a night vision detector and have caught them viewing me. A lot of helicopters and C-5As fly over my house daily. The US Post Office is also involved because they put a lot of strange envelopes in my mailbox that pretend to be from legitimate businesses and friends, but I am on to them and throw them in my neighbor's garbage can. The joke is on them since I never bought the magnetic paint. It's probably just another ploy to record my activity. I am currently lining all my inside walls with lead, and I never use my computer anymore because they are recording my every activity.

Reply to
willshak

Thanks for the warning wilshak .......................... duly noted. By the way is it not true that if you hook up one of them fibre cable connections they can actually spy on you as you go around your own home ........... make sure you wear clothes all the time. I read that in a book once, somewhere. About being able to do that since 1984, or something? Also be careful where you buy gas; some of it is said to 'salted' with something that allows the feds to track your movements as you drive around! Oh yes. Not sure I understood why painting the whole room (or the whole house) would make a person weightless? Senseless, maybe? But how/why weightless? So why would a person float in the presence of earth's gravity? Have to go out into space station or beyond to 'float' in free space!

Reply to
terry