Magnet - Big for picking up nails?

I'm planning on burning a bit of an old shed I've torn down. I started to pull nails, but after an hour and a few pounds of rusty nails, I realized it was an exersize in futility.
So, I'm planning on burning and then maybe using a big magnet to pick up the bulk of the old nails.
Does anyone know if Lowes or Home Depot or Sears Hardware sells these? I know I've seen them in catalogs (maybe Tool Crib or Rockler), but I'd like to avoid the shipping cost because of the weight.
Thanks.
:) Does anyone know if Lowes or Home Depot or Sears Hardware sells these? I :) know I've seen them in catalogs (maybe Tool Crib or Rockler), but I'd like :) to avoid the shipping cost because of the weight.
You might look at a large lumber yard that may cater to roofers. There is a tool roofers use to clean up after tear offs....as you roll the magnet across the lawn it picks up the nails.
Lar
Lar. (to e-mail, get rid of the BUGS!!
It is said that the early bird gets the worm, but it is the second mouse that gets the cheese.
Or just go down to the local car audio shop and see if they have any blown woofers laying around that you can have. Rip the cone out, drill out the rivets and you have a nice, round, monster magnet!
CoogarXR
my thoughts exactly. well almost... i wouldnt bother cutting away anything although it will probably work better if you do....
as a side note, you can screw blown speakers to your shop wall backwards and use the magnets to stick tools and stuff too. works great.
randy

Artie wrote:

Harbor Freight has 150 pound retrieval magnets for less than $5.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

snipped-for-privacy@XXXXcarolina.rr.com

Get one of the ones with a handle and wheels like roofers use from a rental shop.
Bob
Have an old, scrapped microwave oven lying around? I always salvage the pair of ceramic magnets from the magnetrons in these. Very strong and very handy for nail pickup, as well as for holding tarps to outdoor equipt and umpteen other uses...
God bless,
Dave Harnish Dave's Repair Service New Albany, PA www.DavesRepair.com snipped-for-privacy@sosbbs.com 570-363-2404
I'm a 32-year pro appliance technician, and love sharing what I've learned - in a FREE Monthly Appliance Tips Newsletter. (Back issues now posted here too!) www.DavesRepair.com
John 3:3