Maglite problem

Page 2 of 2
The Mag company sells replacement parts. Or, they did many years ago.
--

Christopher A. Young
(Using backup computer. In a couple

The highest resistance is at the butt-end. Between the screw-cap and body, and screw-cap and spring. Anodizing is not your best conductor!
Puddin' Man wrote:

Hi, Probably problem with switch. Time to replace?
Mini Mags take several maint procedures:
* Unscrew the tail cap. Use a cotton swab (Q-tip) and a little oil to clean the threads, internal and external. * PUll the little spring out of the tail cap. Clean that, and the hole where it fits. Same deal, swab and some light oil. WD-40 is good. * Unscrew the entire lens head off, as if you were changing the bulb. Remove the bulb. Gently pull the "DO NOT REMOVE" part from the end. The inside part can now slide out. Swab and oil, to clean the metal parts. Leave the metal pieces in the round plastic, they are a PIA to get back in. Set the round plastic with the two metal pieces into the tube, and use two batteries to push it back in. Replace the plastic part you pulled out. Replace bulb, then lens assembly, and then tail cap.
You and I must be engineers. No one else spends two hours maintaining a ten dollar flash light. Check also, are both batteries pointing same direction?
--

Christopher A. Young
(Using backup computer. In a couple
On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 09:09:36 -0400, "Stormin Mormon \\(on backup computer\\)"

I found no hole in the 2aa lite. Just a round spring designed to contact the round area in the cap.
'Twere corroded. Lite worked after cleaning.
As re elecrical contact, is a Steeee-Range design. :-)
Thx, P

"Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens!" -Friedrich Schiller
Puddin' Man wrote:

My 2AA has a cavity underneath the spring in the end cap, where a bit of foam surrounds a spare bulb. The spring pops out with a good pull.
--
If you really believe carbon dioxide causes global warming,
you should stop exhaling.