Maglite / Duracell Battery Interaction

Page 2 of 2
Jim Yanik wrote:

Leak shmeak, for me Duracells last about as long as carbon-zinc batteries. Every few years I buy a set to remind myself why I never buy them. The best deal going around here is Ray-O-Vac from Menard's. I get about the same life out of Ray-O-Vac as I do Eveready, and I get 24 (sometimes 30) AA's for under ten bucks.

I just found a badly leaking D battery in my 4-battery Maglite, tried to get it out with no luck. According to Maglite's website they will fix or replace these under warranty if you ship to them. http://www.maglite.com/faq_details.asp?faqProd=D
I'm sending this one to them!