MagicJack

Ok everyone. Now that the hype has started, partially due to infomercials, let me tell you the horror of MagicJack. I just installed mine on a Gateway with Windows XP and because I had musicmatch it would not load. After 3 yes 3 hours typing with a tech rep in their chat room we finally got that issue resolved, now my speakers don't work. I have been chatting with 4 different tech reps at various times trying to get this issue resolved. They have no phone support so you have to text everything. Obviously they are taking care of other people with problems at the same time they are helping you so it takes forever. In addition they are grasping as straws for fixes so you never know what damage is being done as you go. My main comment is if you want one be very very careful after another 6 hours total with them my speakers still don't work.

Reply to
jeffimac

That generally happens with toy stuff like magicjack. We have VoIP and have a tiny standalone ATA in the basement. Nothing to conflict with and no need to run a computer 24x7 that uses 200 times as much electricity.

Reply to
George

Delete your sound drivers and reinstall.

Can you buy one of these in a brick and mortar store?

I tried Best Buy today and they never heard of one.

Reply to
Terry

I thought you had to order from that website.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

That is probably true. I thought I had read somewhere you could get them at Best Buy. I could just be spreading rumors. :)

I think I would buy one if I didn't have to eat shipping costs to find out they were crap.

Reply to
Terry

Hi I just got a magicjack I'm running it off my laptop and it seems to work pretty good I do have a few problems with the voice mail and caller ID and the popup window that comes up anytime some one picks up the phone to call out or an incomming call come in. I would really love to disable the MJ software popup , I'm running xp, so if any of you guys know how to do that , that would be great if you can post it here, on the caller ID end it does not always put the caller ID up on the phone your using, get a message incompleate data, as far as the voice mail goes sometimes you can get in sometimes you cant. anyone else having these problems ?

Reply to
delflyzero
[snip]

I have been considering ordering one, but haven't yet. One reason is the serious lack of information on that website. That includes requirements for the computer it runs on (ANY computer hardware or software has requirements, such as supported OS versions). There's a "compatibility" link that should have helped, but that page doesn't exist.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd