Magical flood light at Lowe's

Hi,
I was at Lowe's today looking for a flood light. They had, what I believe is model SH-6058-WH on display:
http://www.lowes.com/pd_148832-85538-SH-6058-WH_0__?storeId151&Ntt=sh-6058-wh&UserSearch=sh-6058-wh&productId354764&N=0&catalogId051&langId=-1
It exhibited a magical feature: rather than turning instantly on and off, it faded in and faded out. I liked that feature because I found it less jarring.
But I didn't buy the light because there was nothing on the box or in the literature (had my iphone on me) that mentions this feature. A google search (flood light "fade in") reveals nothing.
Is anyone familiar with flood lights like that? Or could it have been some special light bulbs?
Many thanks in advance,
Sam

http://www.lowes.com/pd_148832-85538-SH-6058-WH_0__?storeId151&Ntt=sh-6058-wh&UserSearch=sh-6058-wh&productId354764&N=0&catalogId051&langId=-1
Just plain old bulbs. They do last longer because they never reach full brightness, thus the filaments don't burn out as fast.
I bought one a few weeks ago for my driveway. It light up when I want it to, same as the other lights I've had there. My only complaint is the motion sensors seem to die after a few years. This time I may actually save the receipt and folder from the box.
On 7/10/2011 12:44 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Thanks.
I just discovered that the feature is called "soft start". Here's a link. My original model number was wrong.
http://www.plumbersurplus.com/Prod/Heath-Zenith-SL-5326-BK-Motion-Sensing-Metal-Fixture-with-Soft-Start-Black/102785/Cat/52

Soft-start is fine for incandescent bilbs, will likely burn out fluorescent spot/flood lights.
On 7/10/2011 12:39 AM, Sam Takoy wrote:

http://www.lowes.com/pd_148832-85538-SH-6058-WH_0__?storeId151&Ntt=sh-6058-wh&UserSearch=sh-6058-wh&productId354764&N=0&catalogId051&langId=-1
I like that feature especially with floodlights. It uses regular bulbs (works just like a light dimmer) and they last a long time because of the soft start which is less shock on the filaments.
On 7/10/2011 12:39 AM, Sam Takoy wrote:

http://www.lowes.com/pd_148832-85538-SH-6058-WH_0__?storeId151&Ntt=sh-6058-wh&UserSearch=sh-6058-wh&productId354764&N=0&catalogId051&langId=-1
Mine actually work that way, however, they are hooked to X10 wall switches. An X10 motion detector turns them on if it is not daytime. Otherwise, 24/7 it rings an inside chime.
On Sun, 10 Jul 2011 12:41:18 -0400, Art Todesco

Just to be sure, you mean that the motion detector will ring the chime when it detects motion, whether it is daytime or not. Rather than the chime rings 24/7. I guess I just read that the wrong way at first.
--
croy