Magic Jack

I just ordered one. After seeing on the TV ad that you can try Magic Jack for 30 days free made me order one. The ad says send it back and pay nothing, including shipping.
Well the confermation email noted I am being charged 7 bucks for S&H. It pissed me off. After watching the ad again, it does say 40 bucks plus S&H, but no where are you told how much S&H cost.
So it looks like I am still going to be stuck with a S&H charge. I was so pissed that I sent an email to the email address and the address is no longer valid. The bounce message says go here. That is not valid either.
The email I received says ...........
Important: Please reply to this email right away if you want any modifications from your order below, so we can ship your magicjack right away. You do not have to take any action if you do not want to make any changes. Please refer all tech questions to the link below when you get your magicJack. Thank you so much and your magicJack is on it's way. Dan Borislow The Inventor
Dear ME,
Great News. Your 2008 Product of the Year - magicJack, is on its way to you; get ready to start making Free Local and Long Distance calls and get a Local Phone number for Life.
Free Trial Jacks will not be billed to your credit card until the **30 Day Free Trial expires. We will however place an authorization on your credit card (may appear as "pending charge") for the free trial. If you don't love the magicjack (we know you will), simply return it within thirty days - no questions asked.
Order No.: Reference ID: Total magicJacks Ordered: 1
Order Shipping Information
Customer Name: Address 1: Address 2: City, State, Zip: Country: Phone#:
Order Summary
Qty Item Description Price Ea Total Price Charge Date ----- -------------------------------------------------- ---------- ------------- ----------- 1 30 Day magicJack Trial 39.95 39.95 08/26/2008 1 Shipping & Handling 6.95 6.95 08/26/2008 -------------------------- ORDER TOTAL: $46.90

Dont you have to leave the computer on to use it, they seem to be selling alot of them.

scammers have to bring the food to the table , too..........sorry you became another victim
On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 11:31:59 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Did you try one?
Because they seem to make it impossible to contact them, I decided to just call my credit card company and dispute the charges before they sent it to me. I was also not told anywhere what the S&H cost would be.
I do sense a shady way of selling them, but the girl on the phone with my credit card company, said she has one and she likes hers.
So I decided to wait and let them ship me one. The computer I leave on 24/7 is a very old computer. I think I might have to get a USB 2 PCI card to make it work, but I am going to give it a try.

USB1 is slow, look into the card cost, new computers are cheap.

When I use the MJ and actually talk to a real person, they frequently say it's hard to hear me.
When I call voice mails, it's very clear. Or calling telephone banking it's clear. I'm keeping my MJ. I don't use the phone much, anyway. It's handy to call my 2 cell phone and retrieve messages for free without having to use up cell minutes. The one cell is my personal phone and the other I use for work.

Post back after you get it and let us know if it works.
metspitzer wrote:

Good luck trying to get your money back or terminating the service. I heard it's pretty crappy reception.
--
Claude Hopper ? 3 :) 7/8

Claude Hopper wrote:

I have had it for a good 4 months now and the reception is darn good.
--
Dave

It's a given with anything that you pay S&H. Since you didn't know that before, now you know. Stop crying.

You're really missing the point here-- the thing works-- not perfectly but not bad. It's not a scam at all.
I've got one and I bagging my $30/month Vonage for this $20/year service. For essentially free phone service, I'll put up with less than perfect connection and some echo at times....

Do you have USB 2 ports?
snipped-for-privacy@invalid.com wrote:

I've had one for several months and it works just as advertised. Ordering online almost always requires S&H, so I don't get the notion that there was any kind of rip off.
--
Dave
metspitzer wrote:

After using my MJ for quite a while now, I can say it is a great little device. As to the S&H, $7.00 is cheap nowadays, you were informed there would be S&H, so I don't get what the big deal is.
--
Dave
metspitzer wrote:

"There's a sucker born every minute." P.T. Barnum