Magic eraser?

Saw it in the store and picked one up cheaply enough. Figured I'd play with it and see if it was any good. That was until I read the label. "Not recommended for the following surfaces: High Gloss, Polished, Dark, Brushed, Satin, Faux, Bare/Polished Wood, or Stainless Steel... Do not use... on vehicle body, or post-factory tinted glass."
Anyone successfully use this thing on any surface without destroying anything?
--
Martians drive SUVs! <http://oregonmag.com/MarsWarm307.html

It IS abrasive.I have used it (with care) on flat painted walls to remove scuffs. Also on stair risers (satin paint) as well.

Yes, and "Magic" is a perfect name for what it does. It is VERY slightly abrasive. Don't be so alarmed by the label. I wouldn't use it on a Steinway Piano, but I use it on countertops, bathroom surfaces, glass, and even my sailboat. There are very few things I'd hesitate to use it on. All it is, is a block of polyurethane foam. No added soaps, chemicals or anything. Just foam. With a little windshield washer fluid, it takes road film off my windshield like nothing else!
CWM
Wife loves them, she hasn't wrecked anything yet.

Used them when I moved into my new old house. They did an incredible job of removing built-up hard water soap scum from high gloss tile where all else had failed - and I've seen no damage.
--
nj_dilettante
in the words of the immortal Sgt Schultz:

Sure, tiles, shower doors, bathtubs and more.
However, it *is* an abrasive and will scratch (albeit minutely) a polished surface. Use it selectively and with care.
I've also used automotive rubbing compound on my car from time to time to remove a small mark or scratch. But I certainly wouldn't wipe the whole vehicle down with the stuff every week. That would soon wreck a paint job. Use Magic Eraser in much the same way.
It did an especially good job of removing some stubborn marks and stains from the anti-slip finish on the base of my bathtub.
We use them on porcelain sink to remove aluminum scuffing. Also, on a tiled countertop. Before that, we used something much more abrasive and now the tile has lost its shine. ME (not the Windows product) is much, much better.
clifto wrote:

We should be grateful they say what you can't use it on. A few years ago, they would not have done so, or would not have done so carefully.
have you ever looked at the stickers that say "My name is ________. What's yours" for use at conventions and parties? They have a long list of fabrics they damage, mostly special fabrics, like your list above contains special surfaces. Hmmm. I find it suprising that it would damage stainless steel, but they know the stuff better than I do.

walls, floor, etc. The thing that gets distroy is the eraser. It sheds as it rubs up against stuff, carrying away the the dirt.
It works for me.
tom @ www.Consolidated-Loans.info

Magic Eraser is the only thing I have ever found that cleans those textured refrigerator door handles that get all smudged up from dirty hands. I buy them for that reason, but found they clean marks on a ceramic tile counter too. We have a side by side refrig. and those white handles are often gray looking. Magic Eraser cleans them perfectly. Nothing else worked for me. You can get quite a few uses out of one of them, and they come 2 to a package. Get the "original" ones, not the ones with a sponge on one side. Watch for them on sale sometimes too.