Macadam Repairs

Our driveway is 15 yrs old and in pretty good condition except for a few widening cracks. The worst of these is about 5/8" to 3/4". Since the gallon jugs of patch are useful only on 1/4" or less - I've had it shrink and pull away - could I successfully use the driveway patch in caulking tubes? Does that product perform well in this application? TIA, Chuck
Nope. Maybe non-shrink grout would work.

On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 17:59:42 -0400, C & E wrote:

Probably not. Did you try an epoxy resin based patch?

There are some ohter patch materials, some in bags or bu ckets, that can be troweled in.

on 7/14/2007 5:59 PM C & E said the following:

Quikrete sells asphalt mix in bags available at the big box and other building supply stores. I would fill the crack with that first before using a grout, if needed at all. http://www.quikrete.com/ProductLines/BlacktopPatch.asp
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY