Lumber from home depot OK for some things?

Page 2 of 2

I once built a temporary ceiling support wall while I rebuilt the entire roof. 15' long studs on 16". Came back the next mornign and one of my nice, straight, hand picked studs had developed a complete 90 degree twist from bottom to top.
Harry K
Aaron Fude wrote:

They handle the cheapest, poorest, knottiest crap there ever was. I think they buy seconds. It's even warped and twisted. That's from cutting green wood and not stacking it properly to dry or drying too fast in a kiln. It all should be made into wood pellets.
Well, you need straight lumber. Personally, i've not had a problem finding straight stuff at my local HD.. I did an entire room addition from HD.