Lubricating Wall Oven Hinges

I have a Jenn-Air electric double wall oven. One of the ovens squeaks loudly from the door hinges when opened. I thought perhaps a little lubricant might solve the problem rather than replacing the hinges. Anyone know what lubricant would be appropriate for this application?
Thanks, Victor
Victor Grund wrote:

Get a can of silicone spray lubricant, preferably on which comes with a thin plastic tube which can be stuck into the spray cap hole. Try squirting a few quick puffs in various directions at any visible hinges and through the holes in the frame that the curved counterbalance arms (if any) go through.
IME the squeeks are usually from the counterbalance spring loops rubbing on whatever they are hooked over.
Anyway, silicone is inert and won't damage anything it gets sprayed onto.
HTH
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)
Victor Grund wrote:

Hi,
Carefull of anything you use....don't need any ignition from the oven heat!!
Replacing the hinge(s) may be the best repair. I have used a little Sil-Glyde Lubricant from time to time as it can handle up to 400F.
http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=423679 The super film strength, long lasting, clear lubricating compound. jeff. Appliance Repair Aid http://www.applianceaid.com /
Victor Grund wrote:

Try a spray which is based on Teflon. I think Liquid wrench has Teflon. Tony

comes in little tubes and you "puff" it where you want it. Make sure you get the powdered form, it also comes mixed into an oily liquid but it not suitable for high temperatures in that form.
Graphite is used for high temperature bearings so it can handle the heat of the oven.
HTH,
Paul