Lubricate with regular oil or WD-40

Page 4 of 4
On Tue, 14 Oct 2008 13:08:05 -0400, Jim Elbrecht

Hi Jim,
I really was amazed...
I guess that was because I had always thought of leeches as being emblematic of fallacious ideas of years gone by.
All the best,
--
Kenneth

Kenneth wrote: ...

And, for some of the uses of yore, they are. "Bleeding" as was practiced formerly isn't the usage being made of them currently, at least w/ the same ideas as then.

From what I understand...they are used to restart or stimulate circulation, as in reattaching body parts.
Kenneth wrote:

Heck, there is quite a trade in medical maggots, the little squirming ones, not the two legged kind.
TDD

I recently saw a brief snippet of a show called "101 Things Removed From The Human Body". There was the typical assortment of knifes, branches, scissors, etc.
And then there was this...
A lady went on vacation in South America. A few weeks after she returned she noticed a red swelling sore on her head. She went to the doctor who found that a maggot had taken up residence under her scalp, but she didn't have enough access to remove it.
The doctor said that the maggot breathed through the little hole in the "sore spot" so they needed the maggot to come to the surface a little more. She put a glob of vaseline over the spot and covered it with tape. This caused the maggot to dig it's way out of her head and through the vaseline to get air. A few days later, when the maggot had made it's way partially out, the lady went back to the doctor. The doctor grabbed the maggot with tweezers and slowly pulled it out of the lady's head.
It was at least an inch long and a 1/4" in girth. Oh yeah, it was also pretty gross.
DerbyDad03 wrote:

I saw that one. You should look into the history of the medical caduceus, it's fascinating.
TDD
On Tue, 14 Oct 2008 14:47:19 -0500, The Daring Dufas

Well, actually, there is quite a trade in both...<g>
All the best,
--
Kenneth

DerbyDad03 wrote:

I don't think a leech would have provided the necessary lubrication.
TDD
The Daring Dufas wrote:

The US congress is full of the oily blood-suckers.
--
js

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the
support of Paul. ----George Bernard Shaw
alarman wrote:

Hmmmm, I wonder if there is an existing process to grind up and recover petroleum from legislators? If not, inventing one could be quite lucrative, not to mention a good way to get rid of vermin.
TDD
The Daring Dufas wrote:

2 words for you: Soylent Green
--
js

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the
support of Paul. ----George Bernard Shaw
alarman wrote:

That's food silly. All that happens is the that the politicians are returned to their natural state after passing through the digestive system.
TDD
The Daring Dufas wrote:

Indeed.
--
js

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the
support of Paul. ----George Bernard Shaw

Tri-Flow
http://www.triflowlubricants.com/Superior_Drip/superior_drip.html
lbbss wrote:

Hi, As far as I know WD40 is solvent, not a luricant. WD40 can induce rust. I use WD40 for cleaning.