Lubricate with regular oil or WD-40

From what I understand...they are used to restart or stimulate circulation, as in reattaching body parts.

Reply to
pheeh.zero

I don't think a leech would have provided the necessary lubrication.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Heck, there is quite a trade in medical maggots, the little squirming ones, not the two legged kind.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

The US congress is full of the oily blood-suckers.

Reply to
alarman

I recently saw a brief snippet of a show called "101 Things Removed From The Human Body". There was the typical assortment of knifes, branches, scissors, etc.

And then there was this...

A lady went on vacation in South America. A few weeks after she returned she noticed a red swelling sore on her head. She went to the doctor who found that a maggot had taken up residence under her scalp, but she didn't have enough access to remove it.

The doctor said that the maggot breathed through the little hole in the "sore spot" so they needed the maggot to come to the surface a little more. She put a glob of vaseline over the spot and covered it with tape. This caused the maggot to dig it's way out of her head and through the vaseline to get air. A few days later, when the maggot had made it's way partially out, the lady went back to the doctor. The doctor grabbed the maggot with tweezers and slowly pulled it out of the lady's head.

It was at least an inch long and a 1/4" in girth. Oh yeah, it was also pretty gross.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Well, actually, there is quite a trade in both...

All the best,

Reply to
Kenneth

I saw that one. You should look into the history of the medical caduceus, it's fascinating.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Hmmmm, I wonder if there is an existing process to grind up and recover petroleum from legislators? If not, inventing one could be quite lucrative, not to mention a good way to get rid of vermin.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

2 words for you: Soylent Green
Reply to
alarman

That's food silly. All that happens is the that the politicians are returned to their natural state after passing through the digestive system.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Indeed.

Reply to
alarman

in that case, a good aerosol synthetic spray lube like maybe something you'd put on a bike chain would be good.

Steve Barker DLT

Incorrect, and easily disproved with a practical application test. Take a pair of pliers that are stuck in one position from rust and non-use. Spray the hinge with WD-40, which is a penetrating lubricant. work the pliers open and closed. They will get easier and easier to manipulate as the lubricant penetrates.

Just because a lubricant isn't like molasses doesn't mean it is not a lubricant.

Reply to
salty

bzzzt what??? you've never freed up stuck parts with a torch?

Steve Barker DLT

You may free up a stuck part with a torch if you don't manage to distort it, but it sure won't be lubricated.

So, bzzzzt.

Reply to
salty

And neither will it be lubricated with WD40, cause WD40 is not a lubricant.

so,

bzzzzzzzzzzzttt.... thanks for playing though.

Reply to
Steve Barker DLT

All you have proven is that you are not a very skilled or able craftsman or mechanic.

You can repeat your mistaken belief that WD-40 is not a lubricant as many times as you like, but it will not be correct.

You just don't understand what a lubricant is.

You are on the same level of expertise as someone who would claim that motor oil is not a lubricant, because only axle grease is a lubricant.

I'd say Bzzzzt again, but I sprayed some WD-40 on it and the noise stopped due to a sudden lack of friction.

Reply to
salty

No, i'm not very mechanical. I've only been ASE certified since '79 in both automotive and heavy truck areas.

so, piss off and keep spraying your wd40 around. It helps the economy i guess. It sure as hell doesn't help anything else.

steve

Reply to
Steve Barker DLT

Proving only that the cert is pretty much worthless. I guess if you don't have a college degree, it at least makes you feel like you have some sort of "paper"

Reply to
salty

It's a poor lubricant and shouldn't be used as such. Follow the link:

tnom