Lubricant for outdoor lights

Is dielectric grease suitable to use to lubricate the threads of outdoor lights to keep them from crudding up and being hard to unscrew?
thx - jim
Dialectric grease should work but if it cruds up water is getting in from the top, use sicilone caulk to seal the fittings.
High humidity over an extended time will produce corrosion. This from direct personal experience. TB
Spam Me Knot wrote:

This is the stuff you want. I used to sometimes break bulbs trying to uncrew them because of the threads adhering. I bought some of this stuff earlier this year after reading a thread about it and haven't had any difficulty getting a bulb out since. BTW: a little goes a looooong way. I bought two little tubs initially but now know one will probably last me for a lifetime.
http://lampsplus.com/Products/Light-Bulbs/page_12/03877
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 12:42:01 GMT, Spam Me Knot

Yes it is Anthony
................................................................ Posted via TITANnews - Uncensored Newsgroups Access >>>> at http://www.TitanNews.com <<<< -=Every Newsgroup - Anonymous, UNCENSORED, BROADBAND Downloads=-
On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 12:42:01 GMT, Spam Me Knot

Sounds like a good idea to me... and on *any* screw in bulb that has aluminum threads, not just outdoor.
I've been using an unidentified, black anti-sieze grease (origin, I can't remember) for this for some years. I should get something else, as I think this stuff contains lead, but it sure works well.
Just make sure to use grease *very* sparingly in this situation, and like another poster said, there might be an aberant moisture/leakage problem that should be fixed.
Just my two cents.
--
tbl

tbl wrote:

Years ago we used to use Vaseline.
On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 15:22:20 -0500, Stubby
Shudder!
--
tbl

tbl wrote:

Why? It works fine. No stck bulbs in over 50 years.
On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 17:27:34 -0500, Stubby

Melting point. Can't remember off-hand what it is, but I *do* remember that I often eat food that's hotter.
--
tbl