Lubricant for Glass Sliding door tracks ?

Remove the sliding panel. Clean the track guides and wheels. Inspect the wheel bearings ... replace the wheels or lubricate wheel bearings. Install the sliding panel.

Reply to
Fred P

-snip-

You made 2 statements. I would have agreed with the first, "it's not a lubricant", a few years ago. WD-40 even had on their label "This is not a lubricant" But now their label says "Lubricates. . . hinges, wheels, rollers, chains, gears"

So either they changed their definition of lubricates-- or changed the recipe.

You other statement "It is not a good lubricant" might be true-- especially in the OP's case where there are products designed for sliding door rollers--- if lubrication is really what they need.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

From their own web site in something they put up as opposed to supplied "uses" -- "WD-40's lubricating ingredients are widely dispersed..." :)

What they changed was their advertising...

More than "might" -- it is true. Works for a little while while it's still wet, but as the product statement above notes, there ain't much lubrication value in it...

--

Reply to
dpb

I guess you missed my reply about White Lightning... Much easier than using parrafin wax...

Reply to
PeterD

What are you going to "lube" if not the rollers? "Lubing" the tracks but not the roller bearings/axles will cause the rollers to tend to slide, not roll just like putting your car on ice as opposed to dry pavement. May give the symptom of rolling freely but not at all the same thing...

You may be "100% sure" there's nothing wrong w/ the door/rollers, but I'm not convinced by any stretch...

imo, $0.02, ymmv, etc., etc., etc., ...

--

Reply to
dpb

Yep. Shot my fingers off on that one............ Dan

$FILE/MSDS.pdf>

Reply to
Dan Deckert