Lubricant for Glass Sliding door tracks ?

I guess you missed my reply about White Lightning... Much easier than using parrafin wax...

James wrote:

What are you going to "lube" if not the rollers? "Lubing" the tracks but not the roller bearings/axles will cause the rollers to tend to slide, not roll just like putting your car on ice as opposed to dry pavement. May give the symptom of rolling freely but not at all the same thing...
You may be "100% sure" there's nothing wrong w/ the door/rollers, but I'm not convinced by any stretch...
imo, $0.02, ymmv, etc., etc., etc., ...
James wrote:

The tracks should not need lubricating.
Check the track itself -- is it "bumpy?" If so, you can get a stainless steel replacement track that snaps on to the existing one (about $10.00).
'Course you have to remove the door (easy for two people - just lift up) to install the replacement shim on the existing track. Before you snap the replacement track in place, fill in the depressions with epoxy steel. While you have the door out, check the rollers. They may simply need adjusting.

tried
Are they meant to be oiled? These days many ball bearings are sealed for life. It's possible that oiling them is just attracting dirt which is causing the problem. It might be just cleaning you need not oil.

Lubing the tracks won't help because they don't slide on the tracks, even if some call them sliders. They roll.
A lot of people have suggested removing the door. If you end up doing that, you should know in advance that is very heavy and you have to keep it from falling over on you, or away from you, and you have to keep the bottom end from sliding away from you. Once it starts to do that, you probably won't be able to stop it. You need something to keep the bottom from moving away from you in the first place. The fixed part of the door might work for that, but it has to be accessible, and you have to first move the door to the side.
I removed my door alone because I had no choice, but it reqauired planning and concentration. Having a second reasonably strong person help you would help.

snipped-for-privacy@nospamfdn.com says...

Remove the sliding panel. Clean the track guides and wheels. Inspect the wheel bearings ... replace the wheels or lubricate wheel bearings. Install the sliding panel.