Lubricant For Gas Line Fitting?

Outside coupler/fitting where I plug in the grill sticks occasionally, the female end. Sometimes it goes right in, other times need to fiddle around for 5 minutes or so to get it to lock on. What is a safe lubricant I can use should any get in the line?
Thanks!

Any light pertoleum penetrant should be safe - just try not to get more in the fitting than necessary.
What kind of a device are we discussing?
Outside coupler/fitting where I plug in the grill sticks occasionally, the female end. Sometimes it goes right in, other times need to fiddle around for 5 minutes or so to get it to lock on. What is a safe lubricant I can use should any get in the line?
Thanks!
On Thu, 14 Jun 2012 21:31:17 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"

Sounds like a natural gas quick-connect.